• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

how to guide to overclock dash

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Unfortunately, if you run omapclock as-is, when your display turns off, your phone will return to normal speed. To note, Tornado PowerControl (found on this site) can overclock your phone constantly. There's also a registry hack for it that will allow you to set the CPU speed above the default maximum of 228. Just note that the display control portion of the application won't work properly (bright/dim). It won't break anything... it just won't stay dim if you set it to dim :-)

Posted

Unfortunately, if you run omapclock as-is, when your display turns off, your phone will return to normal speed. To note, Tornado PowerControl (found on this site) can overclock your phone constantly. There's also a registry hack for it that will allow you to set the CPU speed above the default maximum of 228. Just note that the display control portion of the application won't work properly (bright/dim). It won't break anything... it just won't stay dim if you set it to dim :-)

Do you have to leave Tornado Power Control Runing in order for the phone to stay overclocked?

Posted

Do you have to leave Tornado Power Control Runing in order for the phone to stay overclocked?

Yes

Posted

I have TornadoPowerControl installed and running.. what are the best settings to clock it without destroying the phone..

Posted

Has anyone overclocked their dash? I'd be interested in hearing how much of a performance boost you get and how battery life is effected.

Posted

Has anyone overclocked their dash? I'd be interested in hearing how much of a performance boost you get and how battery life is effected.

Large performance boost, large decrease in battery life :)

Posted

I tried to download the file and it does not work :)

Posted

program installed and works perfectly. i had wifi up, bluetooth turned on and a movie running full screen with no skipping and perfect picture quality... i was running it at 288mhz, does kill the battery when its turned up and the phone got a little warmer than usual, but sweet app nonetheless.

Posted

Do you really need to overclock the Dash? I find that my HTC S620 runs perfectly well, even with a few programs loaded in memory.

Granted, I would never find myself running movies off its screen, I have my iPod for that. But other than that, I've been in situations where I was on a call using a bluetooth headset ( = bluetooth ON) and I wanted to check something in Calendar or Tasks, and it was fine.

Plus battery life is great! ;)

Posted

Hi Merwin,

I've noticed this problem - that when you unlock the Dash, the display isn't dim, but powercontrol still says it is dim. Then when the display switches off the backlight is still on - so you get a bright white screen.

I love to run the Dash as Dim, unless in bright sunlight, but having it sit with a bright white screen if I forget to nurse the display state is a big problem - do you have any workaround for this?

Thanks for your work

--Duncan

Posted

please reply

so i used omapclock v2 on my T-mobile Dash, and i'm not too sure if its working or not, all I know is that not there's gray horizontal lines when i go into the start menu. I'm afraid to turn off the phone.

help?

Posted

does anyone have another update on this (or fixed links)