Oh my... it's the Asus P535

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's no secret that Asus are soon to launch the P535, a GPS enabled Pocket PC phone sporting some great features including...

• 520MHz Intel XScale
  • 256MB ROM!
  • Integrated GPS (SiRF III)
  • WiFi b/g
  • 2.0MP Camera with Autofocus
  • miniUSB port
  • miniSD expansion
  • 19mm thick

What is new and exciting (for me at least) is this article over at phonedaily [Warning: Chinese] which shows the upcoming device in it's sexy sexy shiny white glory!

Initially shipping over here in dull grey with the white version hopefully to follow, the phonedaily article has a whole host of pictures, including some of TomTom in action on the unit, leading us to believe TT6 could be included as standard.

I've included the beautiful phonedaily pictures below (with English translations where appropriate)... feast your eyes on this! :)

P

p535-whole.jpg

p535-keypad.jpg

p535-front.jpg

p535-topcam.jpg

p535-bottomleft.jpg

p535-camera.jpg

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm interested in the P525 too actually...

A couple of questions for ya... does it include T9, and how often do you use the numeric keypad in normal use?

P

Guest chucky.egg
256MB ROM!

Why always with the ROM?

256Mb ROM is great, but what about the RAM - I can't be the only one thinking they need to start put decent amounts in these devices ... can I?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Er... ROM is where stuff is stored... kinda... it's complex.

Since the advent of persistent storage in WM5 PPC (it was always in Smartphone), all the important stuff is stored in Flash ROM so that it survives prolonged power loss etc... so the large ROM is useful as that's where u store files etc.

A better explanation perhaps: http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archiv.../14/438991.aspx

P

Guest chucky.egg

Thanks for that but I understood the concepts, what i meant was where are the details of the RAM

In my simplistic view ...

More memory = still being able to run other apps whilst planning a route in my SatNav

Guest Samsonite
Thanks for that but I understood the concepts, what i meant was where are the details of the RAM

In my simplistic view ...

More memory = still being able to run other apps whilst planning a route in my SatNav

good point!! my S100 struggles with a big route with Activestink running and MortPlayer..

back on topic tho.. very nice phone. I 'specially like the white... kinda iPod-y

I'm interested in the P525 too actually...

A couple of questions for ya... does it include T9, and how often do you use the numeric keypad in normal use?

P

Paul...you can read my views on the phone here http://www.modaco.com/Asus-P525-t247687.html

To answer your questions though yes it does have T9 input & I use the keypad a lot, especially after loadidng the HTC smart dialer application. Now I can just use the keypad directly from the homescreen straight into smart dial. Also A2DP & AVCRP works perfectly (proper stereo & voice dialling) with my Itech R35 clip.

Although I like the Asus P535 a lot I doubt I'll swap it for the P525 because of the lack of keypad & T9.

Guest logicalstep

I WANT THIS PHONE !!!! Anyone know when it's due to hit the UK and who if any operators are going to be supplying it ?

I think this has every function I need but it's gonna cost !

Logicalstep

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djfuego
I WANT THIS PHONE !!!! Anyone know when it's due to hit the UK and who if any operators are going to be supplying it ?

Logicalstep

Middle of next year it will be time for me to Upgrade, 256 mb rom is for the GPS software me thinks. Please let it be tomtom

If this is sporting a 3d gfx chip I might be tempted. But whos to say in 6 months time something better than this won't be out??

Oh yes, TOMTOM

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...6lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Edited by djfuego

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shinkou Ookami

Logicalstep

No idea when it'll hit the UK, but Expansys will be a good bet (www.expansys.com)

They currently have the Asus P525 listed for Pre-Order, so they'll probably be getting the P535 when its available.

Don't bet on any of the main operators supplying it, I've found it "difficult" to get some of the better devices out there through the main operators such as o2 and Vodaphone, Most of the "high street" shops don't stock the best of the windows mobile devices either, after extensive reseach I ordered an E-Ten M600 (great phone) over a year ago from Expansys, to replace a Blackberry 7100T, and a Motorola MPX200, and My HP IPAQ 5450 PDA, its been a great device, I'm now looking for my next upgrade, an ASUS P535 is certainly in the running.

It would be nice if the main operators would expand their ranges somewhat, Orange probably have the best windows powered devices, the o2 XDA range whilst good cannot match up against the other devices out there such as the ASUS P525 and P535, ETEN Glofiish, and latest HTC's.

• 3 months later...
Guest lkwangbe
It's no secret that Asus are soon to launch the P535, a GPS enabled Pocket PC phone sporting some great features including...
  • 520MHz Intel XScale
  • 256MB ROM!
  • Integrated GPS (SiRF III)
  • WiFi b/g
  • 2.0MP Camera with Autofocus
  • miniUSB port
  • miniSD expansion
  • 19mm thick

What is new and exciting (for me at least) is this article over at phonedaily [Warning: Chinese] which shows the upcoming device in it's sexy sexy shiny white glory!

Initially shipping over here in dull grey with the white version hopefully to follow, the phonedaily article has a whole host of pictures, including some of TomTom in action on the unit, leading us to believe TT6 could be included as standard.

I've included the beautiful phonedaily pictures below (with English translations where appropriate)... feast your eyes on this! :D

P

p535-whole.jpg

p535-keypad.jpg

p535-front.jpg

p535-topcam.jpg

p535-bottomleft.jpg

p535-camera.jpg

Yes a very nice design. I just brought it at $1088 from http://www.weofferonline.com . Previously me using dopod 900, finding it very bulky. Now really happy with a all in one phone in my pocket ;)