Updated Vista / WMDC / CF 3.0 compatible CABviaActiveSync now available

Guest PaulOBrien

Don't why this suddenly stopped working for me on XP SP2- either it was when I upgraded to WM6 or following a Windows update patch. It was a great program which hopefullly can be fixed

• 2 weeks later...
Guest underdog2025

Paul,

You might want to know I switched back to version 1.3 of your application, with the nag screen and this version seems to work without the error, might help track down the issue.

Guest one_solo

I'm also having this error, maybe it was due to the Net 3.5

Can you fix that ?? Also 1.4 in vista, x32 and x64, is very unstable, sometimes work sometimes not.

I'm using right now v1.3 and it's working like a charm. I managed to grab the version on the web, why don't upload again v1.3 (I didn't find any link on modaco) ?? It could be useful to a lot of people.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest indiekiduk
Ah cool, interesting, thanks!

P

Paul, any chance of fixing this bug. This app was really useful and I'm sad to see it not working for SO long. Or at least post the source code so I can fix it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest big10
Ah! I guess it's a problem with the new .net CF that has been pushed out on Windows Update?

P

I think so too. I rolled back to v. 1.3 and its working again. Any way to fix v 1.4?

Edited by big10

• 1 month later...
Guest Sadlybrokeboy
Absolutly Amazing Paul. Keep up the good work. I have been having some amazing experience on these forums since I joined them last week :D

Hiya,

Anyone got version 1.3 as I can't get 1.4 working with XP Sp 3!:(

Matt

• 1 month later...
Guest M@rkC
So I finally got round to compiling a version that is happy with CF 3.0, sorry about the (ridiculous) delay peeps :D

P

How scary is that :o

I installed v1.4 on my Vista machine this morning, tried it (to push my Resco Explorer 7.01 update across :(), got the same error as everyone else and thought....."Hmm, must have a search on MoDaCo for a Vista compatible version...."

....and then you go and post one!!!

Thanks Paul, much appreciated!

Mark.

Guest mattbeale

Not working for me!

Every cab I've tried gives me the error message: "Access to the path 'C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\' is denied"

This is with Vista x64 SP1. UAC is enabled and working fine for everything else.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest czbird
Not working for me!

Every cab I've tried gives me the error message: "Access to the path 'C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\' is denied"

This is with Vista x64 SP1. UAC is enabled and working fine for everything else.

Just got it working on Vista SP1! :D

The application needs to be granted write access to the folder where you have it installed (typicaly c:\program files\cabviaactivesync).

Guest M1DUL

I also have this problem on Windows XP Home SP3. Please can you tell me how to granted write access to the folder.

Many Thanks for any Help/Info

Regards

Michael

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have just download this program and testing it on a CAB file which I've created in Visual Studio and it works fine. Just so I know, can this utility only be used in a manual way? i.e. The user has to right-click on the CAB file on the desktop machine to get it to install on the device? I'm looking for a way to deploy my cab file programatically - or without the user's intervention.

Thanks.

Rawden.

• 1 month later...
Guest melvynadam

Just installed on XP SP3. I've used this app for a long time (thanks) but just got a new PC. Every cab file I try to install results in "file not found".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.