• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Samsung i607 BlackJack

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Anyone else have this phone yet? I picked it up yesterday and it's great except I can't get it to work as a bluetooth dial-up modem. Anyone else got it to work with the BlackJack?

Posted · Report post

same thing with me i love the phone but i tried all kinds of modem scripts and none will work.

Posted · Report post

same thing with me i love the phone but i tried all kinds of modem scripts and none will work.

I sent an email to Samsung Support --- supposed to get a response within 48 hours. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Posted · Report post

Congratulations to the new Blackjack owners. I'm wating for it to be available in Europe... in the meantime, perhaps someone can already provide one essential (at least for me) bit of info: is it possible to adjust the speed of the scrolling when using the wheel? So that, for example, when scrolling through the e-mails in your inbox you don't have to rotate the key so many times to move a certain distance down the list of mails... One of the most frustrating things about a Blackberry is the slowness of the scrolling and the fact that you cannot (as far as I was able to determine) increase the speed. (Hmm... maybe this is why people get "BlackBerry thumb".) The wheel should be like any other pointing device and be adjustable for speed, just like a mouse or a touchpad. As the wheel is one of the big selling points for me, I'm very much hoping the speed will be adjustable... Thanks in advance!

Posted · Report post

I picked mine up today traded my 3125 for it and I must say I am happy I finally have my blackberry scroll wheel and back button back. Plus it is smaller and more compact than my 8700 blackberry.

Posted · Report post

I picked mine up today traded my 3125 for it and I must say I am happy I finally have my blackberry scroll wheel and back button back. Plus it is smaller and more compact than my 8700 blackberry.

Bambam, since you're a scroll wheel fan like me, could you do me a massive favour and see whether there are any settings to adjust scroll wheel speed (similar the settings on a pc to control mouse speed, for example). I cannot get my hands on one yet as I'm in Europe... Thanks very much in advance!

Posted · Report post

Bambam, since you're a scroll wheel fan like me, could you do me a massive favour and see whether there are any settings to adjust scroll wheel speed (similar the settings on a pc to control mouse speed, for example). I cannot get my hands on one yet as I'm in Europe... Thanks very much in advance!

I don't see any setting for the scroll wheel.

My thumb hurts :)

Posted · Report post

I don't see any setting for the scroll wheel.

My thumb hurts :)

Thanks joshbish.

That kinda sucks. The BlackBerry's wheel is way too slow, so if this one ain't faster, then it immediately loses a lot of attraction for me and maybe I'll go with the i320 after all... (which has the added advantage that I can get it now!).

Posted · Report post

Should be getting mine in the mail tomorrow.. Have not held one yet but I can't wait to check this one out. I am currently using an HTC TyTn which I love but sometimes having something a bit smaller would be nice.

Posted · Report post

Anyone else have this phone yet? I picked it up yesterday and it's great except I can't get it to work as a bluetooth dial-up modem. Anyone else got it to work with the BlackJack?

I currently have the HTC S620 (Excalibur) and generally like the phone, but hate the JOGGR strip with a vengance ... it too easily runs off into my email etc when simply holding the device.

It also seems to have a few issues with calls coming in whilst it's synchronizing with my mail ... has a tendancy to lock up.

I like Samsung phones, and would be interested in the BlackJack when it reaches the UK, any ideas when that's going to be, and also, any HTC S620 and BlackJack users ... what are your thoughts between the two devices??

Thanks! M.

Posted · Report post

I currently got this phone 2 days ago and im quite impressed with it but the only problem for me is the battery life i mean i dont mind swapping and it came with a cool internal battery charger =) but its gonna be a pain if you listen to music a lot so i suggest if u dont mind switching batteries then buy the BlackJack but if you would rather not switch batteries then this phone is not for you

Posted · Report post

I currently got this phone 2 days ago and im quite impressed with it but the only problem for me is the battery life i mean i dont mind swapping and it came with a cool internal battery charger =) but its gonna be a pain if you listen to music a lot so i suggest if u dont mind switching batteries then buy the BlackJack but if you would rather not switch batteries then this phone is not for you

Or you could think about getting the extended battery .... http://www.phonecycle.com/batteries/modeld...&brandid=13

Posted · Report post

There's a nifty little app to take care of phone as a modem already installed, eg. not removed by stinkular, and not shortcutted by them either..

"internet connection sharing"... Use file explorer, look in the winders folder, click on the app. Both BlueTooth and Tethered over USB.

--Cheers!