Is it possible to have reminders play only Once?

Guest sweetswede

Guest sweetswede

As it is currently it keeps playing over and over until it drives me nuts and i run for the phone and throw it down the toilet and flush and go and buy a new one (slightly exaggerated). Playing reminders only one time would be enough, can it be set in registry?

Qtek 8310

Guest sweetswede
You can turn the reminders off. Go into Settings->More->More->Unread Message alert and turn it off.

No i need to be reminded, but only once, not possible?

Guest conan_troutman

ok I am a lil confused here as all my reminders whether it be for sms email or calendar only ever played the once and I found that frustarting so i added a reg entry to make the repeat until i dismissed them (note can not be done for email and sms notices)

so is it possible that you have added this reg entry to your registry if so simply removing it would cure the problem.

to check simply get a reg editor and goto HKCU/control panel/sounds/reminders

remove string entitled Script

may look similar to

Script= av0pw5r

Guest sweetswede

It's solved! It works!

Checked in HKCU/control panel/sounds/reminders

I only had strings entitled "Category", and "Sound".

In Category i changed the value from Alarm to Notification.

Edited by sweetswede

Guest conan_troutman
I am referring to the unread message alert that sounds about every 10 minutes or so.

do not know if your device is the same but on mine you can not have repeating alarms for sms and so as their is no dismiss signal to the alert once you have read it maybe this i different on your device.

but i would look in the registry for a similar script but try looking in these places.

HKCU/control panel/sounds/SMS

email

both sms and email should have a String entitled Category set to notification too so also look in

HKCU/control panel/soundscategories/notifications

as this might contain the string Script all you need to do is remove the "r"