finisterre

Is there an alternative Terminal Services Client?

13 posts in this topic

The existing one works fine, but the scrolling leaves something to be desired. Of course I expect to have to scroll due to the screen size, but it doesn't seem to work as I would expect.

Thanks.

The existing one works fine, but the scrolling leaves something to be desired. Of course I expect to have to scroll due to the screen size, but it doesn't seem to work as I would expect.

Thanks.

I guess it's Microsoft stuff and there are no alternatives.

I, on the other hand, use VNC: PTvnc on my Smartphone and intend use it on my PPC too soon.

http://www.parystec.demon.co.uk/downloads.htm

You could try demo and see how it works.

The difference between other and this VNC is that (after you get used to it - and it takes time) you will notice it allows you to do virtually everything, send every key combination, you can press and hold and drag windows - I do all this on my Smartphone using pad and few buttins - very easy and powerfull app.

It can server-scale screen too, of course.

Thanks.

You might want to try this. I've found that using the 5 'Centering' buttons rather than scrolling has been the best way to use TSC, but it's a personal preference.

http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJFullscreenTSC

LogMeIn gets my vote as well, use it all the time. I find it much easier to use that the standard TS client in terms of control and screen zooming, it also seems a lot faster to me than M$ RDP client or VNC.

C.

I'll give another vote to logmein. It works pretty well over GPRS as well. I use it all the time for remote admin.

My vote goes to LogMeIn too, its an awesome bit of software...

Not only is it free :) but once I get home, I can wirelessly connect to my home network, power up the pc from downstairs, open Outlook, and then sync all my emails to my M3100 via bluetooth. It saves a lot of walking around and plugging in of devices to each other.

I even managed to watch a slightly jerky video from YouTube last night (but without the audio). And speaking of audio, LogMeIn is a great remote control application for WMP too!!

Just been trying out LogMeIn and I got to say it's bloody fantastic in my opinion., unfortunately you can't get sound, but i'm sure that will come in due time.

Just a quick question while on the subject.

What makes for a smoother connection using LogMeIn, is it upload speed of the host pc with software on as well as the download/upload speed of the client.

On the Vario 2 how do you right click on a item when remotely connected to your pc, if you wanted to delete a file say ?

Edited by SONY007

To right click use the menu at the top center. There is a button with a mouse icon with an orange left button, click it and the orrange button will become the right one (right click).

Log me in is a godsend. If you've never used it, try it.

LogMeIn is a good solution. You may want to consider a hardware solution like RHUB's TurboMeeting that provides both remote access/support features and web conferencing features.

http://www.rhubcom.com/

That hardware solution is not compatible with the phone as the specs state,

Remote controller: Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, Windows7, Mac 10.4 and above (Intel or PPC)

Digging up such an old post, not posting just to give an advertising link?