• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

First HTC Cavalier shots leak

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Look what it is... HTC's forthcoming successor to the HTC Excalibur (aka T-Mobile Dash / HTC S620)!

Packing UMTS / HSDPA, a 400MHz Samsung processor and WiFi... the Cavalier could quickly be heading to the top of the Smartphone tree! When I say quickly, don't expect to see this device until a few months into 2007 at the EARLIEST... but hey, it's something to look forward to :) Is that a forward facing camera for video calling I see in the top right? No JoggR? Perhaps there's a wheel on the right hand side... :D

I think it looks nicer than the Excalibur myself, sharper... and judging by how much i'm enjoying the HTC S620 at the moment, this could be a winner!

P

Pics via Solopalmari, via engadget

cavalier1.jpg

cavalier2.jpg

Posted

It has a jogger....

BTW think January for release !!! :)

Posted

It looks like my old calculator, but with less buttons :)

Posted (edited)

Is that a forward facing camera for video calling I see in the top right?

Looks like status LED's to me Paul..... :P

Phil

[EDIT: Though on second thoughts there are two status LED's on either side of the speaker.... so maybe it is! :D It's because the lens is square and not round i thought it was just LED's :)]

Edited by The Doctor

Posted

No, the status LEDs are by the speaker, looks like a tiny camera on the right.

P

Posted

No, the status LEDs are by the speaker, looks like a tiny camera on the right.

P

Looks like kind of thin. I am more and more finding my Hermes too fat, and regret the "handiness" of my old Magician.

Time to ebay soon!

Posted

Has the joggr been moved to the left side?

Posted

I guess not, as you can't see it in the pics!

P

Posted (edited)

cavalier_lato.jpg

joggr to the right.

paul, i don't think the upper right part is a camera because it's too small. seems like it could be a light sensor instead.

Edited by JwY

Posted

I agree, it looks more like the keyboard backlight sensor to me.

As the herald has been the update to the wizard and is still EDGE/GPRS, I should imagine this will be EDGE/GPRS too.

Mind you, HTC did release the Mteor without a front facing camera....?

Posted

me thinks that camera button on the right will get pressed by accident alot :)

still, a VERY nice upgrade from the dash. hope it has a good battery with that proc!

gr

Posted

sorry for the dumb question, but is this a smartphone or ppc? <_

Posted

smartphone for sure

Posted

Yep, it is SP as it has home and back keys :)

Also - why is that camera button any more pushable than any other of HTC's handsets?

Posted

Also - why is that camera button any more pushable than any other of HTC's handsets?

for me, its exactly where my thumb would be when on the phone. most othere SPs it been up alot higher.

Posted

I see. Incidentally, when are we going to see some left handed Smartphones appear? :)

Posted

I see. Incidentally, when are we going to see some left handed Smartphones appear? :)

i doubt we'll see many as most people are right handed (i believe there's a lot more people that are right handed)

Posted

I'm left handed! But I don't really mind using right handed phones..

Posted

It was a slightly tounge-in-cheek comment :)

What i would like to see is an option to put scroll bars on the other side of the screen in PPC though...

Back on topic, looks like a potential Blackjack contender...

Posted

The Hermes is a bit left handed...l or at least as I right handed person, I feel the wheel is on the wrong side (the Blackjack feels much better with it on the right) :)

P

Posted (edited)

the reason the wheel is on the left is because they expect you to hold it with your left hand and scroll with the left, while you use the stylus with your right hand.

Edited by JwY

Posted

So far I found that HTC Cavalier and HTC Breeze are built around the same hardware paltform.

I can not tell if I like Cavalier so far or not. I am not allowed to comment.. Breeze forum has it all.

Posted

It solved the one thing I didn't like about the dash, the roundness of the device (it looks like a blackberry to some extent imo).

btw is video calling any good? Since we're so far behind the speed curve over here I've never tried it (well I tried a home version at an at&t store like 10 years ago).

Posted

btw is video calling any good? Since we're so far behind the speed curve over here I've never tried it (well I tried a home version at an at&t store like 10 years ago).
Video calling is ace on my Vario II :D

And T-Mobile to T-Mobile vid calls are only 15p per min :) (50p to other networks :D )

Posted

The Hermes is a bit left handed...l or at least as I right handed person, I feel the wheel is on the wrong side (the Blackjack feels much better with it on the right) :)

P

lol like pwest13 said it looks like a calculator.

i really dont like these phones cuz of too many buttons all on the outside and its lack of applications and games working on it, being that it has a landscape screen.

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.