Cannot see folders on WIFI

Guest hp1

Hi Apologies fro a new topic. I have just installed a router and have SSID broadcast on and WEP enabled. I can connect and surf with my phone but cant share files. I am using Resco File explorer. When I go to map a drive It says there are no computers near by which is blatantly not true!

Do I need to setup a new network using the XP wizard?

Cheers

HP

Guest dr_nick

i am having similar problem - can surf the net fine, but cannot connect/map to any of the shared folders...

anyone got any suggestions?

FYI i am only using the wm5 file explorer

NIck, I solved my problem. It was a stupid mistake on my part. Under the 'properties' of my network connection there are a bunch of services, TCP/IP, etc, I had not checked the 'file and printer shring checkbox'. Once I had done that no problem. Oh yeah I also only use WEP encryption, not the one up from that.

One more thing, I have never managed to use the standard explorer to connect to my PC, trust me, get Resco file explorer, its worth every penny.

Guest jimbouk

It is possible to use the standard file explorer if you know the path to the folders - but as hp1 says a network-able file explorer is a lot easier to use!

NIck, I solved my problem. It was a stupid mistake on my part. Under the 'properties' of my network connection there are a bunch of services, TCP/IP, etc, I had not checked the 'file and printer shring checkbox'. Once I had done that no problem. Oh yeah I also only use WEP encryption, not the one up from that.

One more thing, I have never managed to use the standard explorer to connect to my PC, trust me, get Resco file explorer, its worth every penny.

WHere can I find the property settings for the network on the SPV M600. Never found anything like these settings mentioned above

Guest rsearley
WHere can I find the property settings for the network on the SPV M600. Never found anything like these settings mentioned above

he refers to file and print settings on the desktop not ppc

Guest dr_nick
he refers to file and print settings on the desktop not ppc

i found a link in sk tools to "enable network file sharing in file explorer" on the ppc, but since i am now using resco file explorer (without any probs), i havent had a play with it

:)