• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Cannot see folders on WIFI

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi Apologies fro a new topic. I have just installed a router and have SSID broadcast on and WEP enabled. I can connect and surf with my phone but cant share files. I am using Resco File explorer. When I go to map a drive It says there are no computers near by which is blatantly not true!

Do I need to setup a new network using the XP wizard?

Cheers

HP

Posted

i am having similar problem - can surf the net fine, but cannot connect/map to any of the shared folders...

anyone got any suggestions?

FYI i am only using the wm5 file explorer

Posted

NIck, I solved my problem. It was a stupid mistake on my part. Under the 'properties' of my network connection there are a bunch of services, TCP/IP, etc, I had not checked the 'file and printer shring checkbox'. Once I had done that no problem. Oh yeah I also only use WEP encryption, not the one up from that.

One more thing, I have never managed to use the standard explorer to connect to my PC, trust me, get Resco file explorer, its worth every penny.

Posted

It is possible to use the standard file explorer if you know the path to the folders - but as hp1 says a network-able file explorer is a lot easier to use!

Posted

NIck, I solved my problem. It was a stupid mistake on my part. Under the 'properties' of my network connection there are a bunch of services, TCP/IP, etc, I had not checked the 'file and printer shring checkbox'. Once I had done that no problem. Oh yeah I also only use WEP encryption, not the one up from that.

One more thing, I have never managed to use the standard explorer to connect to my PC, trust me, get Resco file explorer, its worth every penny.

WHere can I find the property settings for the network on the SPV M600. Never found anything like these settings mentioned above

Posted

WHere can I find the property settings for the network on the SPV M600. Never found anything like these settings mentioned above

he refers to file and print settings on the desktop not ppc

Posted

he refers to file and print settings on the desktop not ppc

i found a link in sk tools to "enable network file sharing in file explorer" on the ppc, but since i am now using resco file explorer (without any probs), i havent had a play with it

:)