miniUSB port

Guest echo3

Can anyone help me clear this up?

I understand the audio out is via miniusb. Is this the same port used for charging the unit? Does that mean you can't use headphones (or FM transmitter), while the unit is charging up?

On a slightly related issue, can you have audio out via bluetooth at the same time bluetooth is talking to your GPS? or is bluetooth a 'one at a time' type of connection.

sorry for all the questions!

e3

Guest mikealder

The audio does eminate from the same connection as the charger, so using the device with the headphones and external battery/ charger is not possible at the moment, there is talk of a splitter / addaptor cable soon but what this will provide is anyones guess!

The only way I have found to get audio out while charging is to use A2DP equipped headphones and use Bluetooth to transmit the sound, very good quality TBH.

Why would you need to use Bluetooth to comunicate with the GPS? use the inbuilt SiRF-III unit that can be located on COM4 at 9600 Baud

Mike

Why would you need to use Bluetooth to comunicate with the GPS? use the inbuilt SiRF-III unit that can be located on COM4 at 9600 Baud

Mike

of course! I'm getting so confused with all the options I forgot that is a major benefit of the MDCIII. I am also looking at the Vario II and the HTC P4350 - can't decide - that might be a clincher!

self in face>

BTW - the splitter is available from expansys for the P4350.

b142994.jpg

it costs £9.95