Tomtom on MDA Compact III

Guest gadjet

Hi,

Today I went into a T-Mobile store and had a look at the MDA III and while talking about it the guy told me that you couldn't install tomtom as the phone SW had been edited to lock it to Co-Pilot.

Has anyone used Tomtom with this phone?

Cheers

I'd be very surprised if that was the case.

I said as much, WM5 is WM5 and I thought Microsoft would be a bit annoyed if T-Mobile stopped certain software from running.

Edited by gadjet

Guest The Doctor
I said as much, WM5 is WM5 and I thought Microsoft would be a bit annoyed if T-Mobile stopped certain software from running.

Even if it is, you can use the good old hard reset then soft reset trick to eliminate the tmob customisation cab's which would really be the only thing that could prevent tomtom from being loaded. my guess is he was just pushing for you to get the copilot package as the representives get more comission for a copilot sale than one without :)

Phil

Guest Paul (MVP)
Hi,

Today I went into a T-Mobile store and had a look at the MDA III and while talking about it the guy told me that you couldn't install tomtom as the phone SW had been edited to lock it to Co-Pilot.

Cheers

He's telling you porkies...

P

I'm using tomtom 6 on my mda compact three with no problems at all!

in fact it works very well indeed.

Great, thanks for the feedback, I thought he was mistaken ???

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Sinner_NL

I'm using TomTom Navigator 6.03.8320 with all the new (version 6.75) maps here without any problems at all. Fix is fast as hell and navigation can keep up very well./editJust noticed the date..Damn s1abz, why kick a post that old?

Edited by Sinner_NL

Guest stunno
I'm using TomTom Navigator 6.03.8320 with all the new (version 6.75) maps here without any problems at all. Fix is fast as hell and navigation can keep up very well./editJust noticed the date..Damn s1abz, why kick a post that old?

Must admit TT6.03 with the built in GPS (rather than the BT one) fixes in seconds

Guest biffo1

i didnt think there was a patch out for the tomtom to reconise the internal gps of this mda or any internal gps device , for example the nokia N95 that also has the internal GPS

Edited by biffo1

Guest Neil5459
i didnt think there was a patch out for the tomtom to reconise the internal gps of this mda or any internal gps device , for example the nokia N95 that also has the internal GPS

All versions of TomTom from TTN3 onwards can be set to link to the internal GPS of PPC devices; the new version (6.03) has a dedicated link that doesn't need configuring.

The N95 is a Symbian device, and a different kettle of fish entirely :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trulskaare
All versions of TomTom from TTN3 onwards can be set to link to the internal GPS of PPC devices; the new version (6.03) has a dedicated link that doesn't need configuring.

The N95 is a Symbian device, and a different kettle of fish entirely :)

Vodafone and Orange blocked voip on some of their devices, including my SPV M700. There is always a way to fix this, and only makes the providers look like idiots. Skype didn't work at first, but I eventually found a version that works :P

• 1 month later...
Guest deadphill

My girlfriend has just got another mda compact 3. I had managed to get it to install on her old one no trouble but on this one says its not signed with a trusted certificate. I have searched for a solution but yet none as far. When she ordered the phone they did say on the phone you cant install it. If anyone has any answers to this I would be very greatful.

• 10 months later...
Guest SnuukZ
Hi,

Cheers

I have installed Tom Tom Nav 6 on MDA compact III successfully but having an issue getting to recongnised by external GPS system

• 3 months later...
Guest Darkewolfe

I got my MDA Compact 3 on eBay and it was the Co-Pilot package from T-Mobile. I thought the Co-Pilot software was a bit on the slow side, so I got TT6 and it worked fine straight away. I made a stupid mistake as it would not work at first, but that was only because I hadn't set the GPS receiver to built in as by default it was set to external receiver. After I changed that, it worked 100%.