• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Verizon Compatible Fones

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey guys,

I currently have a verizon contract, and I am soo sick of the phones that they offer. I was wondering if there are any Cdma phones out in EU or Asia that I can get unlocked that might work with Verizon service.

I would really prefer if it was a windows mobile phone, or if it has similar functions like the sharp / NEC 903!!

any of you guy use a unlocked phone, let me know please.

thanks!! :) :D

Posted · Report post

Alltel uses CDMA as well.

I guess you're not feeling the recently released Treo 700w? What about the XV6700?

Posted · Report post

Hey guys,

I currently have a verizon contract, and I am soo sick of the phones that they offer.[snip..]

What is it that you are looking for in a phone that you can't get from Verizon? I assume you want a WM "smartphone" and not a PPC, since that is the only thing I can think of that you can't get (unless the i600 is still available). The new Blackberry is not too bad if you want a non-touch screen model. But, alas, it's not Windows Mobile. You can still keep the faith for the Moto Q!

Posted · Report post

CDMA doesn't really exist in the EU / Asia in the form that you need it for Verizon, so you're a bit screwed as far as I am aware.

Well last time I went to HK - I saw someone using a Lg vx6000 --> t he same phone i have rite now :) .. so i figured maybe there was :D

What is it that you are looking for in a phone that you can't get from Verizon?

Yes you are rite on the spot. One of the phones I had previously was a unlocked Orange *HTC* SPV C500 -> i loved it :P

Not only that but gsm phones so far seem to look alot nicer, and more features -> NEC/PANASONIC 903 - I think vodaphone is carrying this, maybe another carrier too (??) -> a nice camera along with music player :D

I guess you're not feeling the recently released Treo 700w? What about the XV6700?

Hey definitly not a treo sort of person, and if i can; want to avoid the motorola Q. I was never interested in the UI design, and in a way both of them exactly the same. About the XV6700 --> dont you think its a little too BIG / BULKY ??

Acutally I recently read in the news about Samsung's answer to RAZR -> I wonder how the UI look. The phone does look nice though -> dont know if verizon would ever hook us up w that :(

When are we going to get those phones that they release in NTTDoCoMo ?? hehe

thanks for your replies GUYS !!

Posted (edited) · Report post

this post is real old, nm

Edited by user9876