• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

p990a

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I heard a rumor that the P990 was delayed yet again until July-ish. Anyone know if that's true? :)

Posted · Report post

I've heard nothing so far about a delay: with any luck its nonsense because I've got customers waiting on this badboy.

Posted · Report post

I've heard no rumours after the last announcement of the Q2 Release. I've been due an upgrade since January but I'm holding out for this little piece of magic. :)

Posted · Report post

I liked on the 910 how you could detach the mini keypad altogether and just have the screen like on a Pocket PC, but on this.. fixed all the time? hmmm

UIQ never was my favourite flavour of Symbian, but there seems to be a huge following behind it, so I'm sure there's some method in its madness

Posted · Report post

What am I looking forward to? I suppose a step forward from the current base. I've heard folk comparing the new interface to the step between 3.1 and W95 - i.e. pretty darn huge.

I bought the P800 because it was something different. The P900 was a must after the P800 and the P910 was bought as a matter of habit more than a want. THe P910 currently holds my urgent emails and my diary which needs to be easily accessible at all times - on the move and at home.

My brother has been using the XDA and now has the Mini and is loving it. I've found it slow in the past but the new JAMin looks to be a viable alternative to the P990. I'm not so sure at the moment, but the history I've had with SE draws me to it.

Like you say Paul - I'm not convinced about the flip revealing the QWERTY but I suppose I'll have to play with it in the flesh before I decide to move on. At this pint though, I really want it. :-)

I'd be interested to see how well the WiFi works...and whether I'd end up using SKYPE instead of calling. :)