Mpx220

Guest rowsee

Hey people i just wanna put this post up so anyone considering buying a mpx220 microsoft windows

smartphone 2003 can have my advice...

I updated last year from a nokia 6230 to this phone,good or bad u ask,

We'l here is my advice to you.

Pros: :P

If ure gonna sit and download apps the possibilitiues are endless

Lots of games u can download,(not java games)

Awesome 4 movies and songs cuz u dont need to convert.

I use it for mpg,avi,wmv,ogg,ogm,asf,divx.(plays everything if u can

download and pay for the programs)

Cons: :)

The mpx220 is terrible when it comes to basics:

Poor earpiece volume, bad reception,Predictive text buggy,

Always running out of ram,u dont recieve half the incoming calls.

Power off button is pressed acidentaly often,and the only way to restart

is to remove the battery and put it back in.

Freezes all the time.

:D Conclusion if u have time to waste and u love gadgets get this fone,if ure gonna

use it to communicate anything important its a definate no no.(im not sure if the wm5 version is better

but i wouldnt risk it)If u wan a smartphone get an i-mate sp3

Guest echosmyron
Poor earpiece volume

Gotta disagree on some of your points. Earpiece volume is great after updating the ROM. I'm using 1.47 and the sound is great.

bad reception
Reception is as good as previous phone I've owned (Nokia).

Power off button is pressed acidentaly often,and the only way to restart

is to remove the battery and put it back in.

I don't see how the power off button can be accidentally pressed. It has to be held down for a few seconds before it turns off/on.

Guest KnightMare
Gotta disagree on some of your points. Earpiece volume is great after updating the ROM. I'm using 1.47 and the sound is great.

Reception is as good as previous phone I've owned (Nokia).

I don't see how the power off button can be accidentally pressed. It has to be held down for a few seconds before it turns off/on.

Agreed. I also updated the firmware to 1.47 and most of my personal complaints have been fixed.

Reception is the same. Bad in some spots and better in others. It's the luck of the draw.

As for the powering off - Again, I'll have to agree, you'ld have to be pressing 2 seconds on that tiny button to shut it down. Can't say, I've had this problem.

As for the powering off - Again, I'll have to agree, you'ld have to be pressing 2 seconds on that tiny button to shut it down. Can't say, I've had this problem.

I have to agree with 1.47 rom i have no problems. As for powering off in 1.37 i use to have a lot that problem now i don't if you what to fix the powering off acidental try key lock or a device lock it shoul'd fix acidental power off.

Guest rogerioth

MPX220 is awesome! Do you know about any other mobile phone wich supports multitasking? There are endless applications to do everything you could imagine: lots of 3D and 2D games, office applications (versions of word, excel, powerpoint, ...), msn messenger, scientific and graphical calculators, bluetooth remote controls, map tracking softwares, xvid players, translation dictionaries, internet radio, stopwatches, weather plugins, ebook readers, thermometers, emulators (atari, gameboy color, snes, etc), stock quotes managers, even encyclopedias (britannica! :) ), screensavers, ... it can execute any java game or app with the jvm availables (of course, there are much more .Net applications, wich is faster and better).

I love this mobile :D

PS: about the "Always running out of ram", it's natural to run out of memory in a multitask environment. U just have to close some applications (there are task managers like xbar wich close apps, tasks and even try to relase memory).

Guest KnightMare
Can anyone tell me how to upgrade to 1.47?

thanks

While I'm not going to hold your hand, and the process is VERY easy, as long as you READ the directions. The master link for the tool is located at http://direct.motorola.com/ens/mpx220_softwareupdate.asp

***WARNING - It is HIGHLY recommended that you use a high-speed connection, as the download is quite large!

***NOTE - The link above is only for phones (MPx220) that are North American.

Since this link is a public OEM item, I'm sure I won't get into any trouble giving it out - Right Paul?

Guest CmputrAce

I hated my phone until I found several forums and blogs that helped me upgrade it to the Asian 3.45 ROM. Now, I'm doing all kinds of cool stuff on it - creating multi-paged themes, customizing it out the wazoo, and I LOVE IT.

My oldest son saw all the things I have done and he wants to trade me his RAZR for it.... uhhhhhh.. NOT.

I have about 15000 MIDI files I can use for ring tones (that I have collected over the years) and don't need any special software to load them (ActiveSync and COPY). I have several hundred of my CD's ripped that I can also use.

OK, the camera SUCKS dog balls. But I have a $1500 digital professional SLR that I use if I want good photos.

The voice recognition is cool, because the Asian ROM's voice it BRITISH (and expects me to have a Brit accent as well).

My next phone is an iMate JASJAR (if they increase the memory). If not, I'll keep this gem for a while. MAYBE I'll think about the Treo 700w, but so far no go.

Guest sergiom
My next phone is an iMate JASJAR (if they increase the memory). If not, I'll keep this gem for a while. MAYBE I'll think about the Treo 700w, but so far no go.

When i buy my own MPX220, i will keep for the rest of my life :)

I?s GREAT, i?m seeling my MPX200 for buy this beautifull phone.

Guest kzolsen
While I'm not going to hold your hand, and the process is VERY easy, as long as you READ the directions. The master link for the tool is located at http://direct.motorola.com/ens/mpx220_softwareupdate.asp

***WARNING - It is HIGHLY recommended that you use a high-speed connection, as the download is quite large!

***NOTE - The link above is only for phones (MPx220) that are North American.

Since this link is a public OEM item, I'm sure I won't get into any trouble giving it out - Right Paul?

I tried the link, but the site says that 1.43 is the latest version. It doesn't say anything about 1.47. I'd like to upgrade from 1.43 to 1.47!