"SE K800i, a cybershot branded 3.2 MP camphone"

Guest vic2rp_022481

Guest vic2rp_022481

There are pics circulating around the internet of this new phone. This carries the sony's cybershot brand. I just only hope that it will live up our expectations considering it carries the cybershot brand. Or will it be just another n90 carl zeiss gimmick.

K800i Specs:

Standards - GSM and UMTS

2? LCD, QVGA (240x320 pixels), 262K colors

3.2-megapixel camera

Supported audio formats - MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+

Supported video formats - 3GPP, MPEG4 and Real

72-tones polyphony

64 MB internal memory

Slot for Memory Stick Micro cards

Bluetooth, IrDA and USB

Dimensions ? 106x47x18 mm

Weight - 115 g

scan101016ih.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest pookiecheeks

hello all,

..i don't wish to come across as somewhat retarded n all, but can anyone explain this to me...

"The 3.2 megapixel lens will take a total of nine photos: one at the exact time you press the key, four immediately afterwards and - get this! - four immediately BEFORE the camera key was pressed. Simply pick your favourites and delete the others..."

now i realise i never did technology at school, but how is it possible for photos to be taken BEFORE the camera key is pressed ? is it a play on words, or am i missing something very obvious ?

pooks

Guest chucky.egg

Maybe it takes shots as soon as you open the camera app, and keeps shooting and replacing the last 4 images... if you see what I mean.

Not sure what effect that will have on the battery if it is the case

Guest andysalmon
Why on earth would you put IRDA on a phone these days?

Beacuse the technology is tiny, small, cheap and might be useful. I can't bluetooth some files, but I can always IRDA them. Why do people insist on sending letters these days?

Guest dr who
Beacuse the technology is tiny, small, cheap and might be useful. I can't bluetooth some files, but I can always IRDA them. Why do people insist on sending letters these days?

How many people, in percentage terms, do you think would use IR on a phone like this? For that matter how many laptops even come with IR?

Guest confucious

It costs peanuts to put on and some people still use it. I had problems transfering something to a friends phone the other day via BT and rather than sort it out resorted to IrDA - first time I've used ity in years but came in handy :)

Guest sporkguy

I got to use one at my old store last week, and its brilliant. The camera is superb, and the UI is a lot smoother and faster.

And also - that screen has had its specs upped as well.

Overall though, I'm an SE fan and always have been, they're one of the only manufacturers who have innovated before anyone else in the past.

Guest dr who
I got to use one at my old store last week, and its brilliant. The camera is superb, and the UI is a lot smoother and faster.

And also - that screen has had its specs upped as well.

Overall though, I'm an SE fan and always have been, they're one of the only manufacturers who have innovated before anyone else in the past.

When is that purple music phone (880i????) being released? Thats got a high MP camera on it too, IIRC.

Guest pookiecheeks
When is that purple music phone (880i????) being released? Thats got a high MP camera on it too, IIRC.

hello all,

do you mean the w850i dr who ?

i actually bought the k800i on tuesday. i know on modaco i said i'd never go back to a non windows handset, and i think i now know why... god, why do phones come with such a piddly screen ? i think i've been spoilt with my spv m2000 ! true though, the k800i's camera is the dogs doo dahs etc. And i like the size of the m2 cards, lol... they minute, but expensive - ?59.99 for i gb !

pooks

sony ericsson