New Orange Tariffs...

Guest moroni

Guest moroni

Just getting my first few snippets of info from the premier CS about the new tariffs.

any of the staffers here want to spill a few beans on whats going to happen with them?

I have got the names so far, but not too much in the way of detail.

seems pretty good to me so far though with a few extra texts so its seems orange are getting more competitive with their deals.

some things i really dont like though as it seems that sms delivery reports or now going to be 1p each!

Guest pisquee

We're already paying 10p for a text, which is in itself hugely overpriced for the amount of data actually involved in sending 160 characters of ascii! surely the 10p should include a delivery report.

It would be farer to make sending an SMS 1p

Guest moroni

the good news is that the text bolt ons are becoming much more competetive with the other networks, so texting will be down to 3p i think for the biggest bolt-ons, ?30 for 1000, add your 1p and it becomes ?40, MUCH better than it currently is i think you would agree!

Guest Jay3gsm

Orange's new tariffs will offer 50% more minutes on 18 month contracts and 25% more minutes on 12 month contracts then offered on current tariffs. Tariff will not be used to describe the packages, instead there are some customer 'types': Racoon (basic), Dolphin (Low end), Canary (mid-range) and Panther (replaces premier)

Texts will be bundled with the new tariffs. When a customer signs up they can nominate another Orange number that they can call for up to one hour and be charged 1p. After six months they will be able to add another Orange number that will qualify for the same deal.

Customers will no longer be able to downgrade tariff until after the 11th month.

The new tariffs are expected to launch in April.

Guest sporkguy
the good news is that the text bolt ons are becoming much more competetive with the other networks, so texting will be down to 3p i think for the biggest bolt-ons, ?30 for 1000, add your 1p and it becomes ?40, MUCH better than it currently is i think you would agree!

For ages ORetail have been asking orange time and time again when they're going to add good text packages as they do with 'extras' on PAYG - and if what you speculate is close to the truth, it'll be a darn sight better than currently.