Cheapest Orange tariff

Guest travisb

Guest travisb

Here's my dilema.

After fiinding out that T-Mobile have non existent coverage at home, I signed a 2 year deal in July 2005 to get a very cheap SPV M2000.

However the new Web N Walk deals are so good, that Im tempted to get a Vario to use during the week (I work away from home most weeks).

So what is the cheapest tariff I can get my Orange contract down to, as I will need to use it at the weekends?

Guest moroni

I thought it was ?19, and thats OVPing a voda 75 tariif, i wasnt aware that they went any lower. I would be very interested to know if they did tho!

Guest pd.ryder

It's more confusing than I first thought :)

Looking at their website, it seems the lowest 'online' tarriff available is ?20, for 100 mins and 100 texts. But that's to 'new-customers-only'. Te-he :P

My current talkplan has disappeared and it seems these new customers are now getting either 200 mins and 100 texts, or 100 mins and 500 texts for their ?25 :D

Last plan I was on before the upgrade was the afore-mentioned ?15 jobbie, but that's gone too.

You could always ring 'em :D

Guest sporkguy

Talk 30 used to be the cheapest at ?15 p/m, it is now Talk 60 that is the cheapest at ?19 p/m - I'm sure though, if you... ah screw it, I'm not going to get in trouble with Orange again. I've had it with helping people and getting penalised for it.

Guest xspyda
Talk 30 used to be the cheapest at ?15 p/m, it is now Talk 60 that is the cheapest at ?19 p/m - I'm sure though, if you... ah screw it, I'm not going to get in trouble with Orange again. I've had it with helping people and getting penalised for it.

Could do with knowing if there is a way to reduce the monthly rent further ... I have 8 months to go with O on TWO phones after moving to T-Mob to take advantage of their amazing Flext offerings. Currently, I am paying ?38 / month for something I am not even going to use!

?38 * 8 = a lot of pennies ... ?304.00 in fact :(

Maybe you could PM me if you don't wish to make a public statement sporkguy?

Guest xenzo1990

The cheapest direct plan Orange offers is ?19.99 a month which is YourPlan 60. However, to get on this, you have to go into and Orange shop or ring up as the websites cheapest is ?20.00 a month for 100 mins and 100 texts.

Guest xspyda

Thanks Xenzo, it does seem that this is my only option as Orange are not budging. So looks like I will be paying 19.99 / month (on two handsets) for the next 8 months for something I am not even going to use!

Still, it will be a sweet moment when I can politely tell them to shove their useless contract!

Cheers!