New tariffs from April?

Guest Katsulya

Guest Katsulya

I've heard that O2 is going to launch a new tariff on 1 April offering 9-months 1/2-price line rental on an 18-month contract. Does anyone here have any further details? Spoke to staff at an O2 store yesterday, but they knew nothing.

I am asking because I'm currently on O2, but out of contract, and quite tempted to switch to T-Mobile to get Flext. However, if O2 is launching something similar soon, I may save myself the hassle of having to port my number and stay with them.

Guest sporkguy

Seems 3 out of the 5 big networks are planning some form of tariff change this April hmmm..

Wouldn't surprise me, as O and Tmob are doing the same come April 1 (well tmob have already done the majority of their changes, plus one or two additions on 1/4/06) :)

Maybe best to hold out til 1st april for your renewal?

Guest Katsulya

Looks like T-Mobile stirred up quite a storm with Flext.

Of course I can always wait with the upgrade, but I was curious and had some free time on my hands. :)

Guest Katsulya
Me and the missus have been out of our Orange contracts for a month now - the wait for April to happen is killing me! :)

Over in the Orange forum, there are some details of the new animal tariffs that they are launching in April. Essentially, you'll get 50% extra minutes on 18-month contracts and 25% more on 12-month contracts.

Also, you can nominate one other Orange number, e.g. your wife, to which you can make 60-minute calls for 1p per call. After six months a second number will be eligible for the same deal. However, you will not be able to downgrade your tariff within the first 11 months (not sure whether this applies to 12 and 18-month contracts in the same way), so pick carefully.

Guest Katsulya

Popped into my local O2 store last night under the assumption that if something was going to be launched on Saturday, they would know by now. All I got out of them was that an O2 500 tariff would be available from 1 April, but still no confirmation of the half-price line rental promotion.

How late do the operators usually leave it to brief their staff?

Guest sporkguy
Popped into my local O2 store last night under the assumption that if something was going to be launched on Saturday, they would know by now. All I got out of them was that an O2 500 tariff would be available from 1 April, but still no confirmation of the half-price line rental promotion.

How late do the operators usually leave it to brief their staff?

Usually no more than a week in advance, tho I was surprised at how early Orange brief us for this refresh - some of us even knew about it (from our managers) back in February!

O2's refresh, if any, should happen in April, as has been mentioned elsewhere, its Q1 for businesses, so its the key time to launch new promotions and/or tariffs... fingers crossed they bring something out, its good for competition (and to kick O's smarmy arse) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest confucious

Nothing seems to match T's flext prices and nothing comes close to their unlimited data for ?7.50.

The data pricews are what made me jump but I was amazed at their value for talk and text as well - flext W'n'W suits me fine :)