Question for Sporkguy

Guest dr who

Guest dr who

I have two phone numbers on my account with Orange (two separate handsets). One I foolishly upgraded a few months ago because Orange would not supply me with a working handset and it is the one that I spend BIG on for work, the other one is out of contract. Now I want to jump to T-Mob. The sensible thing to do, if it was possible, would be to swap my phone numbers so that my personal one was tied to Orange for the next 9 months and my business one, which I spend a fortune on, could be ported to T-Mob. Do you know whether this is possible?

BTW, whatever happened to the dancing milk????

Guest sporkguy

lol, the dancing milk went ages ago.. I could bring it back if you want? I just like showing off my Mac heritage :)

And a topic all of its own? You could have just PM'd me! :D

Ok, so... if you wanted to port out your main number, the one you've upgraded, unfortunately you can't do this cheaply. As far as *I'm* aware, there is no way you can change the account so that one number stays on that contract and so you free up the second for porting.

The only way is to lower the talkplan to talk 60 (which you CAN still do, despite the new talkplans) and buy yourself out.

That may be counter-productive though, as the money you save on tmobile may be going straight to Orange for the early end of your contract.

Worth working it out though as the difference may be minimal.

Guest dr who

Cheers Spork - again!

Yeah, could have PM'd but I thought I would up the post count!

How much does talk 60 cost a month - I can't find any info on the website now? Can I pay up for the rest of the year and free up the number to port? With about 900 contacts on their it is not practical to announce my number change.

Considering FlexT 75 for that number - should cut down on my current ?200 phone bills, eh?

Guest moroni
Cheers Spork - again!

Yeah, could have PM'd but I thought I would up the post count!

How much does talk 60 cost a month - I can't find any info on the website now? Can I pay up for the rest of the year and free up the number to port? With about 900 contacts on their it is not practical to announce my number change.

Considering FlexT 75 for that number - should cut down on my current ?200 phone bills, eh?

Talk 60 is the bargain price of ?19/month, you can pay up for th ewhole year but you may be charged for the PAC code, i recently got one for a customer and was charged ?32 for the privelage :)

Guest dr who

Cheers Moroni.

For FlexT 75 I would save ?19 a month for life, which nicely cancels out the cost of the Orange account for the next 9 months and then it would become a saving, and I should pocket at least a ?75 saving on calls every month.

Would I get another number for the one that I PAC to TMob? If so I could give that new Orange number to my mum or pimp it out to one of my friends.

Just need TMob to get their finger out and offer some decent new phone before the 25% offer runs out.

Guest moroni
Cheers Moroni.

For FlexT 75 I would save ?19 a month for life, which nicely cancels out the cost of the Orange account for the next 9 months and then it would become a saving, and I should pocket at least a ?75 saving on calls every month.

Would I get another number for the one that I PAC to TMob? If so I could give that new Orange number to my mum or pimp it out to one of my friends.

Just need TMob to get their finger out and offer some decent new phone before the 25% offer runs out.

i think you can get a nokia 8800 for free on flext 75 if thats your sort of thing?

Guest sporkguy
i think you can get a nokia 8800 for free on flext 75 if thats your sort of thing?

Having used one, I'd say steer clear of it unless you really really want it.

Short battery life, heavy phone, keys are hard to use and have a really cheap feel to them, and the camera isn't brilliant.

Personally, I'm aiming for an MDA Vario if they can hurry the hell up and get some back in stock - its gone off their website, and no store seems to have them. May have to resort to taking the 6280, flogging it, and sticking the tmobile sim in my d600.

Guest dr who

Really want to try a 'next gen' phone - preferably the Nokia N80. Even though I hated the N70. Hmmmm. Or maybe an SP5i - didn't want the SPV600 cos of the lack of wifi.

Guest sporkguy
Really want to try a 'next gen' phone - preferably the Nokia N80. Even though I hated the N70. Hmmmm. Or maybe an SP5i - didn't want the SPV600 cos of the lack of wifi.

Well for me, its coming down to whether tmobile can get the Vario back in stock before O2 online get the SP5, cause I'll be all over that badboy given the chance :)

I was lucky enough to be mates with the Nokia rep back when I used to bat for Orange, and got to play with one of the prototype N80s in late December, and from the way it operated, it was too similar to the sluggish N90 I owned at the same time.

The Wifi was a nice addition, but we couldn't get it to work properly with the unsecured network nextdoor to our shop.

Its smaller than the N70, too, which is always good! :D

Guest moroni
The Wifi was a nice addition, but we couldn't get it to work properly with the unsecured network nextdoor to our shop.

how i dream of unsecured wireless networks! :)

I have found myself wandering around town looking for them in shops, but alas the nearest one to my work is well out of range :D

Guest sporkguy
how i dream of unsecured wireless networks! :)

I have found myself wandering around town looking for them in shops, but alas the nearest one to my work is well out of range :D

They're great - the one at Costa coffee works brilliantly, especially as its just up the road! But alas I don't have my M500 & CF Wifi Card anymore... I wish Tmob would hurry the hell up and get some Varios back in stock!