• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6230 on T-Mobile

7 posts in this topic

Posted

My nephew and I met at a family wedding yesterday. He has an ex-Orange 6230 unlocked onto a T-Mobile SIM. All is well until he tries to access GPRS for wap stuff.

Right I thought, that can't be too difficult, whipped out my C550 and checked the T-Mobile settings posted on this site. I managed to navigate my way around the phone, eventually finding entry points for much of the info posted.

However, it still won't connect to GRPS. I couldn't find anywhere to enter the 'dial-up' number and I reckon this can be the only thing left to do.

Anyone know where it should go?

Posted

Hmm, there is no 'dialup' number for GPRS. You should only need the APN, username, password to actually attach to the GPRS network. You may optionally also need the proxy and dns to actually get to the internet.

Posted

Thanks kam_ I'm wondering if this problem could be a SIM card issue - ie GPRS not enabled.

Posted

Thanks kam_ I'm wondering if this problem could be a SIM card issue - ie GPRS not enabled.

I still can't use this pd.ryder i tried there customer care number cost me ?1 in credit just to find out that there wasn't any people available to take my call - Good or what lol

goochy1

Posted

Hello fellow Lichfieldite lol..

Have you tried the settings pinned to the tmobile forum goochy? I managed to get my SIM to work in my unlocked ex-orange 6230 with GPRS thru my Web N Walk connection just last week - so I think it may be just a config problem.

Shame we don't have a Tmob shop in Lich or they'd be able to help you out... or rather, I'D be able to help you out hehe.

Posted

Hello fellow Lichfieldite lol..

Have you tried the settings pinned to the tmobile forum goochy? I managed to get my SIM to work in my unlocked ex-orange 6230 with GPRS thru my Web N Walk connection just last week - so I think it may be just a config problem.

Shame we don't have a Tmob shop in Lich or they'd be able to help you out... or rather, I'D be able to help you out hehe.

Hey there,

I know its a right pain there not being a shop. I don't really understand what your saying I should do.

goochy1