Finally left Orange

Guest awarner

Guest awarner (MVP)

Well moved my last account to a Pay As You Go as I counld not get a decent deal on

a C600 even though the contract in question had not had a device upgrade for well over three years.

As with my other account Orange had no interest in keeping due to being a low user.

It's a shame after all these years of using their services.

Now to look for an SP5 on a cheap tarriff :)

Guest confucious

It is sad - O were the main driving force behind SmartPhones in the UK.

I don't know about the SP5 but you could do a lot worse than getting an MDA Pro on flext W'n'W Ash.

Unlimited 3G data and the Universal were made for each other. :)

Guest pd.ryder

My contract is up in Jan so I've a while to wait.

But *then* it'll be (hopefully) a Vario II on W'n'W :) I think I'd find the Pro a bit big for everyday use.

2 days ago, I refused to pay my monthly bill (2 months left till end of contract) from Orange as it was insane, and well, they changed my tariff without letting me know and charging things for which I did not/do not use

Cancelled my DD and then got my new MDA Vario

Another customer at the t-mobile shop had the same problem, minutes after I walked in - he explained his side of the story and it was the same as mine, and many other members here

and guess what? That is what orange also said

LOL

they than said to me "oh we will credit xx.xx into your account next month as the last month's charges where a computer error" - no its not, its the account manager's error

oh yeh totally

"sorry but there is nothing we can do, our systems show that this is your tariff and you have been using your texts over the bundle allowance as well as your calls"

Guest pd.ryder

Typical.

No "sorry one of our operatives pressed all the wrong buttons when you called..."

It's not as though "the cutomer did it", is it? It could only have been one of their operators :)

Guest f1ddy
lol

Heh I rang retentions today see if I could get a better deal or if not i'll change to ?19 and buy out the last few months... all I got was a sigh when he answered, told me I had the best deal on 12 months - ?25 for 100mins, 100txts - gave me a free month of data transfer - said there was nothing else he could do then said bye lol.

If only the SPV m600 equivalent was on T Mobile I'd be there like a shot! (And their coverage wasn't so bad here!)

Guest chucky.egg

I was going to jump ship by now too, but there may be a free works mobile coming soon, the Wizard is out of stock online (and I'm too idle to wander into town) and the Hermes may suit me better anyway.

I cant count on "free" GRPS from work, so if the Hermes was out today it'd be easy, but as it is I'm a bit torn.

Guest sporkguy

I feel ashamed to ever have been part of this company.

Although, back when i joined, the company was still a market leader and decent network..

Guest chucky.egg
I feel ashamed to ever have been part of this company.

Although, back when i joined, the company was still a market leader and decent network..

It has gone down sharply over the last couple of years.

When did you start working there? :D :)

Guest dr who

Any idea of the Hermes shipping date? I quite fancy bagging myself a Nokia N80 and a Hermes, if either of them ever appear, on an nice T-Mob contract.

I had a problem three months ago where they reckoned I owed then ?150 when I owed them ?0 on my last bill

Spent hours trying to sort it out and got very fustrated that I never got anywhere.

However, I didn't figure on the fact that they are Soooooooooo bad that I cancelled the dd and they haven't the inteligence to chase up the fact I haven't paid them :roll:

Guest zarquon

Okay this could be said to be off topic, but we have decided to stay with Orange.

We have 6 phones on a business account which are all out of contract. We looked around at the opposition but for business contracts with only two of us using data the deal we were on could not be bettered (Talkshare 700 and unlimited WAP for ?4, total bill being ?180 a month). The only problem was that some users wanted to upgrade there phone but as most of use are light users the upgrade costs were quite high. Examples being M5000 ?379 :P , Motorola pebble, ?179 and a Nokia something at around ?150. It would also mean upgrading to data package and going onto the Business plus package.

We had decided to leave everything as it was until two things happened. First my boss damaged his I-Mate PDA2K screen and we got cold called by and independent reseller. So for a laugh we said come and see us.

To cut a long story short, we have signed up on a two year deal on a Business plus 700 tariff (free calls between sharers) with 25Mb of data an got two additional phones (cheep, Nokias without BT) and will get our M5000, Motorola Pebble and the other Nokia. And the monthly cost will be slightly less than we are paying at the moment.

The reseller gets a bunch of cash from Orange for signing us up and they will use that to get us the phones we want. They get an additional lump of cash for persuading us to have two extra phones and they will refund us quarterly the cost of the line rental on these two phones (for the two years) that will be used in the office to call anybody who is out? at no cost. So I get my M5000 :D and my boss gets my M2000 to replace his damaged I-mate

The catch, as far as I can see there isn?t one. At the end of the first year we can either continue or change tariffs or whatever

Time will tell. :)

Guest mobdna

Although i work for the 'nasty' Orange lol (i do like my job), please beware the cold call dealer i work in data Support and i even have to field calls from customers who have been mi-sold contracts and need to get out of them.

Guest dr who

So that begs the question why do Orange let it happen? Oh yes, because they get to make extra money from contracts people don't need and then pass the blame onto a third party. How convenient.

Guest jbrare

Not exactly on topic but it is service related, kind of...

There email service is CRAP!!!!

The online service through the web browser works 50% of the time and the POP service is the same.

It used to be very reliable but now.......you know the rest!! :) :D :P

The online account service is also hit and miss. Call me paranoid but I remember a year or so ago Orange did a survey about the email service asking if people would miss it if it were discontinued. I think it's an expense they DON'T want. Make it CRAP, nobody will want to use it. Trouble is they are doing this with the network too. Make the network crap.....................bloody french, they've always hated us!! :D

JB

Guest pd.ryder
There email service is CRAP!!!!

The online service through the web browser works 50% of the time and the POP service is the same.

I must admit, I've never had any trouble using half of their email server :)

I only ever interrogate my Tiscali a/c via POP3, which is fine because that's direct from Tiscali's servers. Sending via the POP3 needs to go through smtp.orange, which, if I'm honest, I've never had a problem with.

I can hardly believe I've said something nearly-nice about poor old O :D

Guest zarquon
Although i work for the 'nasty' Orange lol (i do like my job), please beware the cold call dealer i work in data Support and i even have to field calls from customers who have been mi-sold contracts and need to get out of them.

I would agree "beware the cold call dealer" and we have. It has taken them two visits and a lot of confirmation phone calls before we decided to go with them. I work in IT, so I'm used to cold calls from distributers who promise the earth but only have plant pots :)

If I'm in a 'told you so' situation in 12 months I will come back and tell you

Guest confucious

O business deals still seem OK and they seem to want to keep higher spenders.

You have an M5000 and only 25Mb of data? Keep an eye on your usage, I was using 50-70Mb before push email which is one of the reasonsI went to T-Mob.

Hopefully you have the deal you want and it will be fine - at least you got the M5000 :)