Tough debut for animals

Guest petencl

Guest petencl

Well Orange, hate to say we told you so but....

One retailer, who has at times made 80% of his connections through Orange, told Mobile that since the animals launch he had connected just five people to Orange. In contrast, he had connected around 80 3 contracts and 27 on T-Mobile, the latter only constrained by stock shortages.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/artman-test/p...icle_1382.shtml

Guest chucky.egg
Andrew Boden, MD at Orange solus distributor Mainline, said the tariffs were better value than those previously offered, but he had seen a drop in new connection sales of around 30%. 'Sales are down in April. I attribute that to dealers familiarising themselves with the new tariffs and the competition from Flext.'

My bold

What?

The deals are worse now than they were before!

And the other networks have always had their own deals, so why is Flext such competition? BECAUSE IT'S WHAT WE WANT!

Personally, I love to say "I told you so"

Guest sporkguy

I knew it, You knew it, we ALL knew it.. and could see it coming a mile off.

I visited my boss the other day, to see how things were going since my departure.. and she said things have nose-dived! my old colleagues are doing worse than when I was there.

Mind you, without el sporky there, there's no competition between the lads :)

Guest sporkguy
How long until they grovel for your return? :)

lol

P

She said she's been calling the area and regional manager to see how long it is until I can return lol - but to be honest, I've wanted out of that company for a couple of months.. plus, how hard would my job be with these silly new tariffs? :D

Guest dr who

For gawds sake which marketing idiot thought up the Orange zoo. It sounds RIDICULOUS, like a sketch from Monty Python, "I'll have two doplphins, a zebra and a giraffe please".

Guest raiderz

I don't like the "mandatory ?1.50" for itemised billing in the small print, but then i suppose a ?30 a month contract would look expensive at ?31.50 per month compared with some of the other networks.

Guest mad4mobilephones.com

Mobile phone tariff's are confusing enough without naming them after animals! T Mobile have signed up hundreds of thousands of new customers to Flext because its good value and simple.

Guest jbrare
I don't like the "mandatory ?1.50" for itemised billing in the small print, but then i suppose a ?30 a month contract would look expensive at ?31.50 per month compared with some of the other networks.

Don't forget the 1p on delivery reports bringing the cost of a text with report to unlucky 13p per text.

Guest raiderz
Don't forget the 1p on delivery reports bringing the cost of a text with report to unlucky 13p per text.

Where does it specifically say that there is a 1p charge on delivery reports, I can't find it anywhere and also does that apply to the business plus tariffs??

Guest confucious
Where does it specifically say that there is a 1p charge on delivery reports, I can't find it anywhere and also does that apply to the business plus tariffs??

It says so onm all the new Animal Tariffs - presumeably it doesn't apply to business tariffs.

Guest dr who

I can't believe that Orange have missed a trick here - they could have wheeled out loads of old Animal Magic clips with Johnny Morris. They would still be s**t but at least they would have had a nostalgic ad campaign.

Guest pd.ryder
I have confirmed this charging with OCS. Fortunately, its 'new customers only'. Phew :)

Dr Who - you do realise most posters on here are gonna be scratching their heads - "Johnny who...." :D Still, they'll get old too one day :P

Guest dr who
Dr Who - you do realise most posters on here are gonna be scratching their heads - "Johnny who...." :) Still, they'll get old too one day :D

Sadly, I fear I am indeed nearing that age where I will begin dancing badly in my cardi and getting p*issed after a half of shandy.

It makes me want to weep.

For those that don't know, see here http://www.screenonline.org.uk/people/id/464434/index.html

Guest sporkguy
I have confirmed this charging with OCS. Fortunately, its 'new customers only'. Phew :)

and existing customers who switch onto the new core tariffs, or upgrade and take one of those crazy monkey tariffs.

Guest pd.ryder
and existing customers who switch onto the new core tariffs, or upgrade and take one of those crazy monkey tariffs.
= new contract = "new customer" :)