Who's left Orange for T-Mobile?

Guest chucky.egg

Guest sporkguy
me, and im a phone trainer...unbelievably hard to sell a product you dont believe in :)

yer telling me... I noticed towards the last few weeks of my time there that things were getting really slow. No customers, and getting harder to meet targets.

how are things for yourself? like the new contribution/comission scheme?

Guest alsicole

Myself and the husband left Vodafone in January and February respectively. Both of us went to T-Mobile. Gotta love those data allowances!

Guest confucious

Unlimited data for ?7.50 is what attracted me then I saw how good their Flext plans were - then they give 25% off! Then they gave me a phone and CoPilot which I sold for over ?270.

Orange, on the other hand, wouldn't even give me a 3G USIM - I had to take out another contract to get one.

No regrets leaving O for T especially after seeing their new "animal" tariffs!

Guest motty
yer telling me... I noticed towards the last few weeks of my time there that things were getting really slow. No customers, and getting harder to meet targets.

how are things for yourself? like the new contribution/comission scheme?

not been paid under the new scheme mate, dont think it's gonna be much cop though :)

no one senior will take any notice of the everyone's general consensus - the new tarriffs SUCK!

anyone comes in and says "flext 35 - what can you offer against that?....a magic number" sure we'll lure them into 18 months with that...

Guest sporkguy
Unlimited data for ?7.50 is what attracted me then I saw how good their Flext plans were - then they give 25% off! Then they gave me a phone and CoPilot which I sold for over ?270.

Orange, on the other hand, wouldn't even give me a 3G USIM - I had to take out another contract to get one.

No regrets leaving O for T especially after seeing their new "animal" tariffs!

The unlimited data is what's swinging most people on here and modaco I think - especially with DirectPush Mail nuts like myself :)

More power to T mobile I say

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mattie01

phoned t-mobile on firday and just waiting for the phone to arrive, (vario, on flex 35 with WnW) then when the misses contract is up in 3 -4 months, i'll be moving her over to t-mobile flex35 as well, getting her to get a vario II nicking that off her and selling my vario on ebay prob, then just a short matter of getting her a new phone off ebay aswell something pink should do the trick and she'll be happy :)

Guest dr who
then just a short matter of getting her ............... something pink should do the trick and she'll be happy :)

The mind boggles.

Guest sporkguy
The mind boggles.

:)

Mattie: you seem to be doing a lot of double posting.. is there something wrong with your browser chap?

Guest impy78

BNow on Fext 25 + webn walk unlimited - ?32.50 a month!

Orange tried to "upgrade" me from an N70 to a w810i when I said I wanted to leave to "thank me for my custom".

I then explained that I don't want to be thanked at ?75 a month, thanks VERY much!

Guest Tech

left orange (early) 3-4 weeks ago after, AGAIN, a screw up in their bill and shocking offers.

left 2 months early before the contract ended - didnt tell them just cancelled my DD. They were meant to take the payment last week but obviously its been cancelled so they cant but the wierd thing is - the orange sim is not deactivated...yet!

wayhay - free calls/txts/mms without me paying lol

I now have a MDA Vario :) good schtuff - means I can develop bigger/cooler apps for you guys - battery life is poor tho :D

Guest pd.ryder
I now have a MDA Vario :) good schtuff - means I can develop bigger/cooler apps for you guys - battery life is poor tho :D
Oh dear, how poor is the battery life? I've not heard this complaint before. This can't bode well for the Hermes / Vario II - faster processor + WiFi etc must mean higher power use & even worse battery performance. I thought I'd seen the last of use-it-charge-it inconvenience when I dumped my E200.

Guest sporkguy
left orange (early) 3-4 weeks ago after, AGAIN, a screw up in their bill and shocking offers.

left 2 months early before the contract ended - didnt tell them just cancelled my DD. They were meant to take the payment last week but obviously its been cancelled so they cant but the wierd thing is - the orange sim is not deactivated...yet!

wayhay - free calls/txts/mms without me paying lol

Until Orange send round the debt collectors, and destroy your credit rating for life.

YAY! CLEVER!

Guest chucky.egg

As for power consumption, I'm getting at least 2 full days (48 hours) with:

Hourly email collection from 3 accounts,

Push between 7am and 6pm (calendar updates at least every 30 mins),

RSS feed downloads every 4 hours,

Weather updates every 2 hours

PDA use (writing emails etc)

Hell, I even made a phone call the other day!

I don't use BT or WiFi much these days, that sounds like the killer on the Prophets so I would expect the same here.

Guest tsutton

Just got my PAC code from Orange yesterday (with some problems - see other new post) - they made no attempts to keep me on. Their loss. :)

Now will need to contact T Mobile to transfer my number over.

Guest Tech

well for me, WITHOUT making any calls and WITHOUT bluetooth enabled I get at least 1.5 days and then it is flat out

yes I have fully charged it and ran it down and recharged it - I still get 1.5 days :)

Guest sporkguy
well for me, WITHOUT making any calls and WITHOUT bluetooth enabled I get at least 1.5 days and then it is flat out

yes I have fully charged it and ran it down and recharged it - I still get 1.5 days :D

You've spent 3 days without making or receiving any calls on your phone?

I can buy you some friends if you want..... :)