T-Mobile FlexT allowance

Guest Bearded Rasputin

Guest Bearded Rasputin

OK, I'm probably being incredibly stupid but I won't pretend to know a lot about phones.................

Basically, I have a T-Mobile FlexT account, chosen so I could enjoy a lot of texts but fewer minutes since the other way round wouldn't benefit me. I think it was a contract worth ?35 (ish) a month, and presumably that stays the same regardless of how much I use the phone. I may be wrong.

So why am I receiving alerts saying:

"Your Flext allowance as at 01:00 on 12/05 was ?83.48. Your next bill will be produced on 08/06." ?

Is that saying how much I have left, because I thought it was just ?35 (ish) every month? Or is it saying that's how much I've spent? I'm bloody worried, if only for the reason that I dunno how I could have spent ?80 - I don't use it that much. When I was on a Pay-As-You-Go with 12p a text I was still spending only ?30 a month.

Sorry for the n00bness, but any explanations? Would really appreciate my mind being put at ease. Thanks.

Guest confucious

Like paul says flext gets you ?180 of credit which is used at 20p per voice minute or 10p per text (and I think 20p per MMS - but don't count on that). You should get a text every week,if you've used nearly ?100 in one week it ain't going to last long!

Guest Bearded Rasputin
Like paul says flext gets you ?180 of credit which is used at 20p per voice minute or 10p per text (and I think 20p per MMS - but don't count on that). You should get a text every week,if you've used nearly ?100 in one week it ain't going to last long!

?180 credit per what? And it's literally not possible for me to spend ?100 in a week unless something has gone wrong. *confused* :)

Guest dr who
?180 credit per what? And it's literally not possible for me to spend ?100 in a week unless something has gone wrong. *confused* :)

Unless you have Flext 25 and insurance or a data package, in which case you have ?90 credit (I think) and therefore you have used just over ?6.

Guest chucky.egg

I'm on Flext30 WnW and I'm getting the same messages with (approx) the same values

Your ?30(or whatever) a month contract entitles you to ?90 of "use" based on the charges for voice, SMS, MMS etc.

If you go to the T-Mobile site there's a page that shows you how you can use the credit, with little sliding bars for voice, SMS etc.

Basically the messages mean you have shed loads of credit available so you're not going to get charged any extra (so far)

Guest kam_

On a side note, international SMS isn't included in the allowance.

Of course neither are international calls, calls to 0845/0870/0800 numbers and any non standard landline numbers or pagers etc. It sucks a bit because 95% of my SMS's are international :)

• 1 month later...
Guest redvers
On a side note, international SMS isn't included in the allowance.

Of course neither are international calls, calls to 0845/0870/0800 numbers and any non standard landline numbers or pagers etc. It sucks a bit because 95% of my SMS's are international :)

Why not get a T-Mobile mates rates/prepay SIM card, enable roaming, send it to whomever you need to contact, and stick ?5 a month on it. They only use it to recieve texts from you (and thus aren't using the credit up!) and you get "free" international texting for ?5/month! It's the reverse of what my wife does - she's from the Philippines and we have a Smart SIM card in a phone that her family can text for 1p! When we text back, she either uses her Flext contract (20p) or my phone (4p). Guess which she uses...

Why not get a T-Mobile mates rates/prepay SIM card, enable roaming, send it to whomever you need to contact, and stick ?5 a month on it. They only use it to recieve texts from you (and thus aren't using the credit up!) and you get "free" international texting for ?5/month! It's the reverse of what my wife does - she's from the Philippines and we have a Smart SIM card in a phone that her family can text for 1p! When we text back, she either uses her Flext contract (20p) or my phone (4p). Guess which she uses...

Nice idea, but not really practical for me. I send SMS's when i know the other person can't answer the phone, or i need to forward information which may be misheard - like order numbers. All other times i just call them. With this scenario the person would have to carry 2 phones around with them all the time. Also i sms multiple people, getting them all a phone isnt really an option!

It makes sense where you use SMS as a replacement for calling one person when u know they're home, or don't care if they get the message till they get home, but not for my situation.

You should just use VoIP actually. Pick up a cheap Sipura box or something, and configure it for sipdiscount, then send it out there. They can plug in a normal landline phone into it, and call you on your landline in the UK for free. They can also call about 30 other destinations for free :)

• 1 month later...
Guest muggy
"Your Flext allowance as at 01:00 on 12/05 was ?83.48. Your next bill will be produced on 08/06." ?

For your ?35, you get ?90 of spending allowance. You have so far used ?6.52 of your allowance, leaveing ?83.48 remaining. I think it's time that you started calling more people! :)

Hope that helps.