• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Orange upgrades unfair!

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Why is it that all new phones go to new customers only, and those of us loyal customers looking to upgrade have to wait for 'upgrade stock'?

The N80 was available last Tuesday for new contracts only, and it really winds me up!!!!!

Why oh why?

Posted

You could always be sly and convert your contract number to PAYG - then after a few days, request a new connection but bringing your PAYG number with you...

you then get the same deals as new customers, yet keep your old number.. genius!

Posted

its just typical orange - your not actually a "loyal" customer

Posted

You could always be sly and convert your contract number to PAYG - then after a few days, request a new connection but bringing your PAYG number with you...

you then get the same deals as new customers, yet keep your old number.. genius!

Have Orange removed the 3 month limit then for contract->payg->contract conversions? Previously (ie 12 or so months ago), you had to wait 3 months after converting a contract number to PAYG before being able to convert it back to Contract. This was to stop the loophole of doing upgrades by the back door.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you from moving from Orange contract to Virgin PAYG (or elsewhere) and then move back again. This has about a 38 day turnaround - 1 PAC every 30 days and then 7-8 days for porting.

Posted

My contract isn't up - as such.

I've had so many problems with the N70 that they are waiving the upgrade fee for me, but I've been waiting on a decent phone to be released.

Posted

Have Orange removed the 3 month limit then for contract->payg->contract conversions? Previously (ie 12 or so months ago), you had to wait 3 months after converting a contract number to PAYG before being able to convert it back to Contract. This was to stop the loophole of doing upgrades by the back door.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you from moving from Orange contract to Virgin PAYG (or elsewhere) and then move back again. This has about a 38 day turnaround - 1 PAC every 30 days and then 7-8 days for porting.

Or, how about doing the sensibled thing and realising that Orange really aren't interested in rewarding loyal customers and therefore taking your pac number onto someone like TMobile? Why anyone would want to stay with them after they've been told theyre not respected enough to be treated like a loyal customer is beyond me!

Posted

Or, how about doing the sensibled thing and realising that Orange really aren't interested in rewarding loyal customers and therefore taking your pac number onto someone like TMobile? Why anyone would want to stay with them after they've been told theyre not respected enough to be treated like a loyal customer is beyond me!

I totally agree! I left Orange last week, am now with T-Mobile - Unlimited internet ?7.50 anyone??

JB

Posted

Well, I actually did that months ago and am now on W'n'W 200 (40MB data) for ?16 per month. :) I never use all my allocation of minutes or data, and have no apparent restriction with what I can do on my W'n'W connection, so no desire to switch to the unlimited W'n'W + Flext.