• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Going abroad for 2 months

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Well I'm going travelling for 2 months over the summer, leaving in a months time and am unsure what to do with my Orange contract. I would still like to use the phone abroad but it feels liks a waste paying ?25/mo for all the free minutes and texts that I won't be able to use, so do I have any options? I've had the 12 month contract for 9 months so far.

Posted

Well I'm going travelling for 2 months over the summer, leaving in a months time and am unsure what to do with my Orange contract. I would still like to use the phone abroad but it feels liks a waste paying ?25/mo for all the free minutes and texts that I won't be able to use, so do I have any options? I've had the 12 month contract for 9 months so far.

Best thing to do is ring OCS up and explain what you intend to do, and ask them to suspend your contract, when you get back it will carry on from where left off. While you are abroad get a local SIM in the country you are in and you will save a fortune! Make sure your phone is unlocked though!

Posted

Welcome to the site ajb3000 :)

Raiderz is completely correct, Orange can and will suspend your account for you while you are away. You'll still get invoices through to your home address while you're away but they should specify you're on the 'free talkplan' :D

Have fun this summer!

Posted

What would happen if I told them I was going travelling for 2 years? Might be a great way to put off paying up my contract whilst I jump ship to T-Mob?

Posted

What would happen if I told them I was going travelling for 2 years? Might be a great way to put off paying up my contract whilst I jump ship to T-Mob?

lol cracking idea.. and if you can convince them, then I'm sure its pretty possible :)

Posted

What would happen to all my calls/texts while my account is suspended? Is there any way to continue using the phone on a sort of "pay as you go" basis for those two months? I'm going to be travelling through quite a few countries (7 to be exact) over those 2 months, so a local sim isn't really possible, I also don't expect to use it a lot.

Posted

What would happen to all my calls/texts while my account is suspended? Is there any way to continue using the phone on a sort of "pay as you go" basis for those two months? I'm going to be travelling through quite a few countries (7 to be exact) over those 2 months, so a local sim isn't really possible, I also don't expect to use it a lot.

I'd say its best you called Orange and ask them what the score is with this. I presume that if you do use your orange number for any reason while you are away, you are charged a premium on each call as your account is 'suspended' so to speak.

Posted

I believe that when you suspend your account you do exactly that, so the contract will be extended by the amount of time you're away, 2 months in your case.