Orange to charge for itemised billing ?

Guest jchamier

Guest jchamier

Looks like rock bottom got lower, quote from front page of latest bill:

"From 1st July 2006 you have a choice of receiving a free Orange bill which shows a summary of your charges, or paying ?1.50 a month to receive a fully itemised bill that lists all your call details".

So, 11.5 years after launch, Orange is now comparable with the billing of the old analogue Cellnet and Vodafone networks they competed against.

Many people signed up to Orange and one2one because they didn't charge for 0800, and didn't charge for itemised billing, and had free 24x7 customer care numbers. Pretty much all gone now.

Oh, that'll be the greedy 3G licence auction to blame then. Muppets.

(Prediction: Nobody actually wants video calling, they just wanted usable speed data, which EDGE gives - WiFi will solve the laptop people's requirements, WiMax will provide the backbone for WiFi....)

Guest Tech

just as well i got rid of them last month

that is just pathetic

prolly want to pay of their debts and trying to get cheeky by adding extra money for itemized billing - only way they can get some cash

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monolithix (MVP)

T-Mobile charge for itemised bills too, as do O2 iirc (although this is by no means an excuse for Orange to start to).

On the other hand of course, i requested Orange stop sending me paper bills several months ago (along with banks and CC etc). I can download a pdf of the full bill online, and save a few trees in doing so!

Guest morpheus2702
You should be lucky to recieve a bill as here in holland all we get is an sms with the total , all the rest is done online :)

Hmm, has Orange got a business prevention unit? OK just because the other networks do it mean that your customers won't get pissed when you do it. Its the little bonuses and plus points that helps you keep and win customer.

Orange can kiss my arse. Come 17 July, I'm gone!

Guest sporkguy

I've been gone for 2 months now, and havn't looked back... well.. apart from looking back and laughing at what we had to put up with.

Roll on the next 16 months with Tmobile :)

(and it seems a little harsh to suddenly stop people's free itemised billing mid-way through their signed contracts... but then I suppose there's a clause somewhere that specifies that Orange have permission to ***k with people's accounts any which way they like :D)

^ i agree with that

sure the last few months ive noticed orange shop here decreasin in customers being there (i pass their shop everyday at various times)

the last week - completely dead including today.

wonder what shop itll be replaced with

Guest w411y

My local Orange shop is usually busy but technically thats because its a small shop. Usually 2 people out and about giving advice and one back and forth upstairs and the till (and may I add the staff are arrogant and do not know what they're talking about). My local town is full of phone shops and its only a small town. 2 Orange shops, Vodafone shop, Carphone Warehouse, 2 little local dealers, Phones 4u and an O2 shop (now closed though)

But back on topic... what are they going to scrape from their customers next!?

"Sorry its 10p to turn your phone on thesedays and charging your device is 1p a minute" :)

Guest awarner (MVP)

I do my billing online with tmobile and get ?3.00 off a month :)

Still get a general usage bill which does me fine. Anything large]I can just check online for more details.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pookiecheeks

hello all,

i only realised orange charged for 0800 numbers last week. as with a previous person, i've been with orange since they started (remember the orange natwest credit card aimed at 'special customers', and the free orange pagers ?). anyway, i agree with others that now orange are charging for itemised billing it goes against everything i signed up with them for. i tried phoning customer sevices recently, yet even though my call was important to them, and that they are doing everything possible to answer my call, i was quoted a waiting time of 18 minutes. great customer service eh !

apologies that i've turned this into a rant against orange, but getting back to the charging of itemsied billing... yes, its wrong !

pookiecheeks