One-2-One Sim card...

Guest Twisticles

Guest Twisticles

The SIM I have in my MDA Compact is still the original One2One I got when I first got a phone all those years ago.

I seem to recall when I had an NEC DB2000 (?) that I could do things like change how many rings before goign to voicemail and stuff. Which I can't with the MDA Compact. I was wodering if this is just down to Windows Mobile 2003?

So is there any reason to get a newer SIM from TM? Do modern SIMS have any advantages?

Guest loki_f

I believe the newer sims have more capacity to store numbers on the sim card and more than likely more messages too. As far as I understand they are also U-SIMS which are required should you ever want to put it in a 3G phone.

Otherwise you should still be able to do that stuff from the Phone settings (start->settings->phone-Services). Anything else you should be able to do via a network code.

Guest sporkguy

Hi twisticles - welcome to the forum :)

You can increase the ring length by keying the following into your dial screen:

**61*DivertNo.*11*N#,send key

Note:

Divert No. = Any no. (e.g. 07953101990, the answerphone number)

N = 5 - 30 seconds in 5 second blocks

Guest sporkguy
Thanks Sporkguy, that's really helpful.

Is there a reference list of such codes anywhere? ones that do other stuff too?

a google search for gsm codes may possibly bring up some results for your particular phone. i'd do it myself but i'm mobile-only until i get home! i got my list from my old workplace, orange. they keep a handy hints page on the local intranet with such codes on.

Guest fleabag
a google search for gsm codes may possibly bring up some results for your particular phone. i'd do it myself but i'm mobile-only until i get home! i got my list from my old workplace, orange. they keep a handy hints page on the local intranet with such codes on.

I think you may have to remove the zero from the voicemail access number.

Also, maximum T-Mobile supports is 25 seconds, minimum is 15 seconds.

I think you may have to remove the zero from the voicemail access number.

Also, maximum T-Mobile supports is 25 seconds, minimum is 15 seconds.

The newer sims are 3v, support SIM clock stop and use smaller traces, all leading to ALOT less power consumption than the old old SIMs. The new sims also have bigger PLMNSel tables and forbidden PLMN, which help to get signal faster (its a record of which cells to try first, and which failed in the past so should be tried last). Also as said they store more phone numbers and in some cases SMS's. Its worth updating the SIM if possible, although be prepared for some downtime (should be 48 hours max) in case its not a smooth transition on the HLR.

Guest confucious
will they want my old phone back? I've been out the UK for a few years...

Why?

T-Mob will provide an envelope and give you money back for your old phone but you don't have to send it back,

Guest Twisticles
Why?

T-Mob will provide an envelope and give you money back for your old phone but you don't have to send it back,

In the 'old' days I'm sure I remember having to hand in the old phone when I upgraded...

Guest confucious
In the 'old' days I'm sure I remember having to hand in the old phone when I upgraded...

Never heard of that one -but I'm only young :) (ha!)

Welcome back to the UK BTW.

• 1 month later...
Guest fleabag

CPW used to do that in order to get a good deal from them. But it's not required by either at this moment in time.

• 1 month later...
Guest graeme2b

Hi mate, if your just upgrading your sim card then you just call T-Mob they will send one out for ?10 or you get an interactive sim from a T-mob shop for ?15 oncwe you have the sim it will take around 1 hour to activate..