Multiple MMS Messges

Guest pendragon_

Guest pendragon_

I've received my M5000 from Orange a couple of days ago and sent a MMS message to a friend to make sure the config was set up correctly. The message was sent correctly and delivered, after a short delay, via the Vodafone network. However, my friend has now received 14 copies of the picture, which has been delivered at random times of day and night, during the last 2 days (and is now getting v p*ss*d off and demanded beer in compensation and at a pint a text this could get expensive ). The target phone was non 3G.

I have reported it to Orange, who have passed it on to their Tech Support.

Has anyone else encountered this problem

Guest motty

there was a fault with the link to voda, so orange did lots of resends to make sure they went through, this only affected mms' to voda from orange.

Guest johnnyboy

Ah Ha I had this exact same problem a week last Monday, a mate sent me an MMS with a picture of him on it!

Getting it once was bad enough, but getting it sent through to me day and night was really starting to get to me and make me doubt my own sanity!

Thanks for clearing it up....however I don't understand stuff like this,

OK if the link went down and they had to resend everything that had gone through the system in say the past 24hrs,

But why did they resend everything through 12 times (rough estimate on the amount I received) seems like a little bit of overkill??

Anyway I always thought MMS was a one flakey bit of technology!