Coming from Orange

Guest finisterre

Guest finisterre

Gonna leave Orange when the Vario II is out, and have a couple of questions:

1. Do T-Mob have a returns period - if reception turns out to be poor where I live?

2. Do I have to port my Orange number at time of purchase, or can I wait a bit? Presumably I'll order my Vario II and ask Orange for my PAC on the same day. Will this work out OK? I am outside of my 12 month contract with Orange.

3. Do I have to order Web n' Walk at time of purchase or can I add it later?

4. If I buy a Vario II and add web n' walk pro - do I still get the data card? And do I get unlimited internet on the Vario II too?

Thx.

Guest dr who

1) They do NOT have a returns period! Unless you order online in which case you are protected for 7 days by the distance selling regulations.

2) Not sure, but I think you need to get your PAC code from Orange before you place your order with TMob.

3) Its an addon and can be added at any time, as I understand it.

4) No. The data card is part of the Web and Walk Pro Tariff not addon and costs ?20 a month with an initial cost for the card depending on whether you want a 12 or 18 month contract.

Guest finisterre
4) No. The data card is part of the Web and Walk Pro Tariff not addon and costs ?20 a month with an initial cost for the card depending on whether you want a 12 or 18 month contract.

Thanks. Does the PC card have it's own phone number? If I have W&W Pro, can I still get umlimited surfing on my phone, or is it only good for the card?

Guest dr who
Thanks. Does the PC card have it's own phone number? If I have W&W Pro, can I still get umlimited surfing on my phone, or is it only good for the card?

No, the PC card is a 3G data card only. However if you have the ?10 Pro W&W package then you can use your phone as a modem, so in effect the phone acts as the PC Card. You also have unlimited browsing on the phone.

Guest chucky.egg
You can port your number at any time, you do not have to do it when you purchase.

I'm not sure that's right.

If you get a T subscription (and mobile number) and then get a PAC from O can T apply it to your existing account?

I don't think so, but I might well be wrong.

Worth checking before you order.

Guest travisb
I'm not sure that's right.

If you get a T subscription (and mobile number) and then get a PAC from O can T apply it to your existing account?

I don't think so, but I might well be wrong.

Worth checking before you order.

Chucky, I did just that when leaving Orange to T-Mob.

Guest martley

1. Do T-Mob have a returns period - if reception turns out to be poor where I live?

2. Do I have to port my Orange number at time of purchase, or can I wait a bit? Presumably I'll order my Vario II and ask Orange for my PAC on the same day. Will this work out OK? I am outside of my 12 month contract with Orange.

4. If I buy a Vario II and add web n' walk pro - do I still get the data card? And do I get unlimited internet on the Vario II too?

Thx.

Hello, hope that this information helps. Firstly, I think that you are making a good move moving from Orange. A few of my friends have moved purely because of Web n Walk alone, and they love it. Anyway:

1. If you order via the internet ypu ca return anything within seven das if you do not want it, and cancel your contract if you wish. Often there are great feals via the web that are not available via stores, so it's worth a look.

2. You can order your new phone from T-Mobile and they will send it you with a new sim card. Then call Orange and get your port code, then call T-Moble and give them the number. T-Mobilw will text you with a port date so that you can get ready by saving any old sim information, etc. Your number will port over within 7 days.

3. You can add web n' walk anytime, but there has been a deal wherby its free for the first three months if you order it at the same time as the phone via the website.

4. I am not sure aout this. Call T-Mobile on 0845 412 5000 and ask them.

Hope this helps.

Guest Honest John

I moved to T-Mobile from Orange early this year when the half price offers were on. I got a 200minute/Web n' walk package on a Vario replacing my Orange smartphone. Not only that, but I bought a number of them for my business as well, replacing Blackberrys. And that was before push-email now available as well!

Yes, you can move your number at any time from another provider.

However, when I needed a second personal phone recently, I actually bought an Orange contract on a Nokia 6233 for they were doing a real special of 650 minutes an 1000 texts for ?30 per month.

That means I often carry bothe devices at the same time and this is where I advise a little caution. Almost invariably, in my area (Milton Keynes/Northampton. West Coast line to London) the reception on my T-Mobile phone is poorer than on Orange, except, curiously enough, in Olney. The train is particularly bad on T-Mobile, but not on Orange. (I have tried other, unlocked phones to see if it is the carrier or the handset).

So do give yourself the escape of 7 days' trial. After all, there is no point in a cheap package that means you can't make or receive calls often enough.

Guest Jasonkruys

The web and walk PRO, unlike web and walk is not strictly unlimited, it has a 2GB fair use policy (presumably due to the broadband like speeds available with hspda)..

If you are that worried about reception, do what I did, buy a PAYG simcard from their website (they vary in price depending on the time from 99p to ?2.50) and test the signal with that.

I found that where I could barely get a signal with Orange, it is ALWAYS at least 1 bar better with T-Mobile, mostly 2 bars, with the same device. It really does depend where you are I suppose.

Guest fleabag

Thx.

1: 7 working days for T-Mobile to receive your written notification of returns request if you order ONLINE or OVER THE PHONE.

2: You can port a number into T-Mobile at ANY stage in your contract, even after a year for example.

3: No you do not have to order WNW at the time of order (although if you're getting the V2, I'd recommend it.

4: No you do not, the only way you can get one of these is to take a contract and have the data card instead of the handset.

Guest fleabag

It will, yes. Although your calls will be very expensive on a data plan.