Orange existing customer offers - RUBBISH

Guest euphoria3k

Guest euphoria3k

Hi all, I rang Orange CS's up the other day as i saw on their site that they are offering existing customers the same deals as new customers if you sign up for a new 18 month contract. As i was in the last month of my contract i thought i'd see what they could do for me. The offer is apparently open to customers who have 3 months left of their contract.

I told them i had seen this on their site and explained i was interested in the Nokia N80. However the lady told me that i would have to pay an upgrade fee + ?260 for the phone. I was a bit confused as the phone is ?49.99 to new customers on nearly all the 18 month contracts. I explained this to her but she said to call back in a months time when my contract was over. I asked her how much the phone would be then and was told it would cost me ?230 if i went onto an 18 month contract.

I find this totally ridiculous! I said about what it said on the website but she just shrugged it off.

I wrote an email to Orange asking to explain themselves, of which i never received a reply.

Today, i had waited long enough and rung them up to get my PAC code!! not that they really gave a damn! didn't make any effort to keep me! Annoyingly the guy told me they would send it by post! I would have thought they would have given it to me over the phone or by text!

Good riddance i say!!! :)

Guest mattie01

couple of things to check make sure that the "offer" isn;t a web only exclusive or whatever they call it,

the guys you phone upmight not be able to offer the same deal.

it can also depend on what traffif your on, but what what you have said it should still be alot cheaper.

on a side not, orange offered me a m3100 for free, on a 18 month contract, which is alot better then even new customers get...

did you go thou to the cancellations department or did you just go for the "upgrade your phone" option? on the IVR?

Guest Swampie

You did read the terms and conditions provided on the "existing customers get same benefits" page didn't you?

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/offer/s...=aug06089_up_16

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/terms#tempestLoyaltyAnchor

" 5.4 By taking a Promotion, Eligible Customers agree to be subject to a minimum contract of 12 or 18 months (depending on which Talkplan you are on). If you choose a handset upgrade this period will be extended by 6 months.

For example:

* if you sign up to a 12 month talkplan and upgrade your phone at the same time your minimum term will be 18 months; or

* if you sign up to an 18 month talkplan and upgrade your phone at the same time your minimum term will be 24 months;"

So you'll need to sign up for an 18 month contract, you want an N80 so that'll add another 6 months to your contract = 2 years.

The only thing I can think of is whether you dialled 343 to get the deal. That's what it says on the page. If you did, then it does seem strange what they said.

What tariff are you on at the moment? The upgrade will require you to move to an 18 month tariff, which I believe are the animal ones - maybe you said something to suggest you didn't want any of them or wanted a 12 month (+6) contract, not a 18+6 contract?

Update:

Or maybe that 18 month contract is 12 + 6, as it says "when you upgrade your phone and take a new 18 month contract, you can get the same deal as a new customer". It does imply that you can upgrade your phone and get an 18 month contract (ie. 12 + 6). So maybe I'm wrong....

Guest euphoria3k

Yeah its wierd, i said to them that i wanted to take them up on the offer and switch to an 18 month contract, but the lady in Upgrades was having none of it!

Its odd cos the first lady i spoke to when i rang 343 said it was fine and put me through to the upgrades dept.

Maybe it was because i chose a phone that was expensive or something??

I read through all the terms and conditions, and i met the requirements to take up this offer!

I'm not really too fussed with leaving Orange anyway as their tariffs don't seem to be that great value anymore!

Guest pd.ryder

We're hearing this sort of thing quite often from Orange - advertising says one thing, then OCS staff say something completely different and finally when the bill arrives, you've gotten charged for something else entirely. Plus, of course, the notes you had put on your account when speaking to the original OCS have miraculously disappeared.

@mattie01 - let me guess, you're either a megabucks monthly spender or a business customer with several phones and a megabucks monthly spend? I can't see a 'free upgrade' to M3100 being agreed on a 'normal' monthly spend of ?25-30 :)

Guest dr who
@mattie01 - let me guess, you're either a megabucks monthly spender or a business customer with several phones and a megabucks monthly spend? I can't see a 'free upgrade' to M3100 being agreed on a 'normal' monthly spend of ?25-30 :)

I was offered it free on an 18 month ?45 Panther contract and that was on my low use contract. On my high use one it was just free, but they couldn't offer me the data services for some obscure reason.

Guest mattie01

nope not a mega bucks contact,

i did have two phones running on the one conracts, but one of them is goign over to pay as you talk.

both phones where worth about ?35 on contract.

so its only really one phone thats running now. and as i said on a ?35 contract.

on a side note, orange just called about an hour ago to say the phones in stock and they will be shipping it out.