• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Upgrade Time!

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi there!

Its time for me to upgrade my phone, i currently have a t-mob SDA 2. I have been looking into ppc's for a while now, as my old PALM is now knackered.

I want a phone that can do what my old PALM could do (Tungsten E) but still only carry one device around!!

I have been looking at both the C3 and Vario 2 and like them both.

My question is, which will do best what it want it do!?

I mainly used my PALM for the calendar and internet browsing, and games when i get the chance :)

Although i dont drive yet, i do like the idea of having GPS for when i do!

So could anyone point me to the right phone?

Thanks

Rob

Posted

Hi there!

Its time for me to upgrade my phone, i currently have a t-mob SDA 2. I have been looking into ppc's for a while now, as my old PALM is now knackered.

I want a phone that can do what my old PALM could do (Tungsten E) but still only carry one device around!!

I have been looking at both the C3 and Vario 2 and like them both.

My question is, which will do best what it want it do!?

I mainly used my PALM for the calendar and internet browsing, and games when i get the chance :)

Although i dont drive yet, i do like the idea of having GPS for when i do!

So could anyone point me to the right phone?

Thanks

Rob

The C3 can do all that but doesnt come with a hardware keyboard. The V2 has a slide out keyboard but has no built in GPS. All other features are the same as both run WM5.

I am considering getting one of those foldable bluetooth keyboards to compensate. Anyone have experience of them?

Posted

I am considering getting one of those foldable bluetooth keyboards to compensate. Anyone have experience of them?
I don't have a Bluetooth foldable keyboard, I prefer to use one of THESE the video is a bit naf, but you should get an idea as to how it works. Takes a bit of getting used to, but after a while its certainly usable - Mike

Posted

Ok, thanks but, is one more reliable than the other, the keyboard is just an added bonus to me, i probably wouldn't even use it :)

I have noticed that the V2 has AKU 2.4 and C3 has AKU 3 is this a major difference?

which unit is lightest?

Which is prettiest (okok C3!!)

Which is most powerful?

^ My SDA 2 was pretty quick out of the box, but after about a month it started to slow down, now when i go to open most applications i have to wait at least a minute!! (not overclocked the processor yet tho!)

#

Thanks

Rob

Posted

I don't have a Bluetooth foldable keyboard, I prefer to use one of THESE the video is a bit naf, but you should get an idea as to how it works. Takes a bit of getting used to, but after a while its certainly usable - Mike

Aint these about £200?

Posted

More like £90 at the moment with the exchange rate so good look for it in US $ then convert to UK - Mike