• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

XDA Orbit question

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, just got me an XDA Orbit. Really like it, apart from one small thing - being the lack of keypad for texting. I was wondering though, is it possible to bring up a 0-9 number pad, like the one you can get up for dialing phone numbers (i.e. big buttons), cos if so I would just use that like a normal keypad for typing with my fingers.

Any responses much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Posted

Hello, just got me an XDA Orbit. Really like it, apart from one small thing - being the lack of keypad for texting. I was wondering though, is it possible to bring up a 0-9 number pad, like the one you can get up for dialing phone numbers (i.e. big buttons), cos if so I would just use that like a normal keypad for typing with my fingers.

Any responses much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

yes its completely possible to install a T9 keypad as an input method. This is easily installed via a cab file that has probably been ripped out of another phones rom. Don't think you'll find it around these parts but if you head over to xda-developers and have a look in the Artemis forum I think you'll find what your looking for. Works like any other t9 - i.e. you can add words etc.

Posted

That's brilliant, many thanks. I'll give that site a look, cheers.

Posted

Yup, as far as I'm concerned one of the biggest mistakes by HTC in recent months was dropping Phone Pad T9 application from their Pocket PC Phone range. It used to be one of their biggest selling points... :)

Posted

Managed to get it now, so that's all good.

One other thing that you guys might be able to help with. The vibrate function is very strong and goes on for a good couple of seconds. Is there any way to change the power or duration of the vibrating function?

Posted

Managed to get it now, so that's all good.

Could you point me to the solution you found? I've had a look at the site mentioned but I couldn't find a link to that software.

Thanks for your help.

Posted

Will do. At work at the moment, but will post the link here when I get home tonight. (For some reason the XDA Dev site is blocked by our firewall...)

Posted

No posting of links to dodgy software please.

P