• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Samsung i607 and HTC Herald areas now open

27 posts in this topic

Posted

post-1-1165856257_thumb.gif

I'm pleased to be able to let you know that the Samsung i607 and HTC Herald (aka HTC P4350) device specific areas are now online at http://i607.MoDaCo.com and http://Herald.MoDaCo.com respectively... so if you're lucky enough to be sporting one of these devices... get posting :)

I'm fortunate enough to have a i607 at the moment, with the retail version of the P4350 arriving tomorrow, so I can just check a few facts in my review and put it online! Heck, you wouldn't want me to be reviewing a pre-production unit potentially different to what you can buy in the shops would you? (cough you know who you are cough - :D)

I won't give TOO much away... but I will tell you that on the basis of the marketing sample of the P4350 i've been using, i've splashed my own hard-earned on the retail unit... so that's a clue. Hmmm, what else... '8 way d-pad' take your fancy anyone? :D

P

Posted

If only there were a GSM/UMTS Blackjack... can't beat the slimness :)

Posted

That pic makes it look like the Samsung has an additional pull out keyboard :)

Posted

You forgot the HSDPA-ness mono.... :D

It'd do VERY well on T-Mobs HSDPA network with WnW but we can only dream.....

Phil

Posted

Er, the BlackJack IS GSM/UMTS/HSDPA!

/me strokes his BlackJack... :D

P

Posted (edited)

Er, the BlackJack IS GSM/UMTS/HSDPA!

Must have got it confused with the CDMA Moto Q (which is now available in GSM flavor) for some reason....

/me strokes his BlackJack... :D

Git :) *look of uttermost envy :D *

Hmmmm, wonder why the carriers over here in the UK aren't taking it up then?

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

Posted

They are, and a version with the front camera too... soon, soon... :)

P

Posted

Ah my mistake, i thought it was GSM etc but seemed to remember that Cingular was CDMA, obviously it isn't :) Right, off to eBay i go...

Posted

P

Mmmmmmmmm, shame about the battery life tho... that will be a real shocker....

Phil

Posted

Are there any reviews of this samsung? I saw a review of the I320 - which I think does not have Wi-Fi - does this baby unit have Wi-Fi?

Any other pics of both devices would be good!

Posted

P

When, when?

Also, Paul, do you have any way of getting a feel for whether Samsung is likely to provide a Crossbow ROM update for the SGH-i600? (As opposed to the Cingular BlackJack, which is very slightly different and for which presumably Cingular would be the ROM gatekeeper.)

Posted

I have no idea re: ROM update's i'm afraid!

P

Posted

I have no idea re: ROM update's i'm afraid!

P

Okay.

What about just the sgh-i600 hardware here in Europe? Any additional precision on release timing?

Posted

Okay.

What about just the sgh-i600 hardware here in Europe? Any additional precision on release timing?

expansys say they will have some i600's (yes the one WITH the forward facing camera) in stock soon...

Phil

Posted

expansys say they will have some i600's (yes the one WITH the forward facing camera) in stock soon...

Phil

Thanks Phil.

But I guess the question is, what does "soon" mean? A few days? A few weeks? A couple months?

Posted

Thanks Phil.

But I guess the question is, what does "soon" mean? A few days? A few weeks? A couple months?

They say 1 day.... (read 1 week, maybe even 2 :))

Phil

Posted

HTC Herald (aka HTC P4350) ... '8 way d-pad'

Omg. Realy? Did they finaly slap an 8 way pad on a PPC device? Oh please say that's true!?

That'd mean we'd finaly have a PPC device that is realy useable as a console emulator device. Oh boy, if that's true, I might finaly have found what I've been looking for for soooooo long.

Posted

They say 1 day.... (read 1 week, maybe even 2 :))

Phil

Thanks.

Posted

Errr OK how about a REVIEW or maybe pics ?? All I see is the image Paul has created. I would like to know if this has Wi-Fi too!

Also, PAUL - talk to me... the device you splashed hard cash out on .... a review would be nice to see :-)

Forget about the availability.... lets see some good stats and images :)

Posted

Omg. Realy? Did they finaly slap an 8 way pad on a PPC device? Oh please say that's true!?

That'd mean we'd finaly have a PPC device that is realy useable as a console emulator device. Oh boy, if that's true, I might finaly have found what I've been looking for for soooooo long.

Yes, it's true...

It's not the best gaming phone ever as it's not THAT simple to press diagonals, but it IS 8 way!

P

Posted

Errr OK how about a REVIEW or maybe pics ?? All I see is the image Paul has created. I would like to know if this has Wi-Fi too!

Also, PAUL - talk to me... the device you splashed hard cash out on .... a review would be nice to see :-)

Forget about the availability.... lets see some good stats and images :)

Review is done, just have to take the pics! :D

P

Posted

Use the built in camera :-)

Would liek to see it - rare for you to spend money! Would like to know if this Samsung is WiFi ?

Posted

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Herald!

I am doing a Samsung BlackJack review, but it's not ready yet.

The Cingular version DOESN'T have WiFi.

P

Posted

rare for you to spend money!

Au contraire, I buy a LOT of devices!

P

Posted

Are you rich?????

Looking forward to the samsung review

Simon