• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Win a MoDaCo Zune + earn FREE CASH with M:Panel

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Just curious - I've signed up, how does entry to the competition tie-in with my MoDaCo membership? i.e. is the competition open to everyone who signs up with M:Panel or just MoDaCo members and how do they distinguish?

Posted

Everyone... the tie in is by e-mail address only if you're a Plus member...

P

Posted

Sniff.... T.T I'm from Brazil ...
Someone has to be... :)

Welcome to the forum :D

Posted

@ pd.ryder

I have an spvc550 and am getting the unable to install message. Looking at the cab file it says sp5 wich runs wm5. I changed my phone type to spvc500 on there sign up page and it installed first time, will wait to see if its worked.

Posted

I've had to uninstall it. With it installed, whenever I open Hotmail from PIE, it automatically closes it! :-(

Posted

That's WEIRD!

I'll definitely raise that with support, as we've never heard of that before!

P

Posted

And me! Identical problem with hotmail, didnt' realist this was the problem though, but it's the only program i've installed recently...

Posted

@ pd.ryder

I have an spvc550 and am getting the unable to install message. Looking at the cab file it says sp5 wich runs wm5. I changed my phone type to spvc500 on there sign up page and it installed first time, will wait to see if its worked.

I did notice it was reporting sp5.cab but wasn't sure if that was a WM5 device or not. I guess it's not exactly a graphics-intensive application so the screen res difference wouldn't be an issue :)

Thanks, I'll try the C500's cab and see what happens... :D

Posted

Hi

I signed up mid December (14th to be precise) and have the software running since then. I've upload 82KB of data in December, according to the client software. However, I've not received any payment yet from M:Metrics. I did contact their support department via the web-site but no response.

Has anybody else been signed up for this long without having received any payment?

Thanks.

Posted

The competition has now been extended by 1 month due to issues with the original email announcement... so you have until 25th January to get signed up! :)

P

Posted

The competition has now been extended by 1 month due to issues with the original email announcement... so you have until 25th January to get signed up! :)

P

Glad to hear this. With the problems I had with the cab file and now having swapped to a Vario II on T I'll need to install again...

Posted

Everyone... the tie in is by e-mail address only if you're a Plus member...

P

So does that mean that those of us who aren't Plus members aren't eligible for the competition? :)

Also, like Saquib, I signed up mid December and haven't received anything - My activity log reports data for both December and January, so it seems to be working.

Posted

Nope - it's just us plus members get double entry to competitions :) Non plus members still get entered but only once.

Posted

Non plus members still get entered but only once.

Don't think I like the idea of being entered twice :) , I much prefer getting two entries in the competition. :D

Posted

Is that a double entendre? :)

Posted

Nope - it's just us plus members get double entry to competitions :) Non plus members still get entered but only once.

I don't think us cheapskates (i.e. non plus members) get an entry at all. At least thats how I read Paul's post about the tie-in.

Posted

The way I understood it is that everyone who has signed up for M:Metrics via Modaco has one entry into the draw. As with any competition on here Plus members get an extra entry.

Simple really? or really simple?

PS Ive had thsi thing installed on my SPV C600 for ages now and do receive the cheques and its quite a nice feeling when you get them as I totally forget that I participated as it just all happens in the background.

Leekee

Posted

Cheapskates - non plus members? lol - you're the ones that have to pay for ll the software us plus members get for free!

And, as djleekee says, everyone gets entered but us cheapskate plus members get double entries - yet another benefit of being a plus member!

Posted (edited)

Is there a reason why I and probably others have received a influx of emails regarding this over the past couple of days? I understand that the promotion has been extended but I must have been emailed about 12 times regarding it :)

And yes I did sign up already in December.

Edited by shackk

Posted

I am waiting on a call from t-mobile telling me to exchange handsets, as my MDA C3 has to be replaced!

if i was to install M:Panel on on my current device, and then install it pretty quickly on my new device, would this matter??

Posted

I am waiting on a call from t-mobile telling me to exchange handsets, as my MDA C3 has to be replaced!

if i was to install M:Panel on on my current device, and then install it pretty quickly on my new device, would this matter??

No, that'll be fine :)

P

Posted

No, that'll be fine :)

P

Cool sortin it now!!

Posted

They don't support the BlackJack ... too bad.

Posted

Yet... they will do soon.

P

Posted

Ok, it would seem the system has picked out the correct e-mail address!!

but its not my account! its SDA_guy, was once mine, but i deleted it ages ago! (or at least i think i did, paul could you check this for me please!)