• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

A2DP and the lobster

16 posts in this topic

Posted

According to the manual it can be used to stream stereo audio to an A2DP headset by choosing 'set as wireless stereo' via the phones menu .

I can connect my A2DP stereo headphone to the Lobster (just like other phones) but can't stream music to my headset because there is no 'set as wireless stereo' option on my Lobser's menu.

What's going on ?

Also are there any firmware updates due for the Lobster and will they be available on the Virgin site ?

Posted

According to the manual it can be used to stream stereo audio to an A2DP headset by choosing 'set as wireless stereo' via the phones menu .

I can connect my A2DP stereo headphone to the Lobster (just like other phones) but can't stream music to my headset because there is no 'set as wireless stereo' option on my Lobser's menu.

What's going on ?

Also are there any firmware updates due for the Lobster and will they be available on the Virgin site ?

What headphones do you have? Also you could try the Tornado A2DP patch, but I'd recomend backing up everything first.

Phil

Posted

Does anyone know what is going on regarding the A2DP on this phone.

I also can't get my headset to stream stereo. under bluetooth settings i don't get the option to set as 'Wireless Stereo'. (From the Manual)

i have a Sony ericsson HBH-DS970

thanks

Posted

As for updates it's a matter of wait and see, it could depend on how well the device sells as to wether they will support further updates.

I'm still waiting to see if any other network anywhere will pick the device up.

Posted

What headphones do you have? Also you could try the Tornado A2DP patch, but I'd recomend backing up everything first.

Phil

So has anyone tried the Tornado A2DP patch ?

Clearly the phone is capable of streaming because it's in the manual, so Virgin must have disabled it for some reason.

Can anyone please try to get A2DP to work on this phone ????

Posted (edited)

For updates keep an eye on the www.xda-developers.com site and their wiki. The latest ROMs usually find there way here quickly. http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320 is the forum, it's new but should gain momentum.

Edited by daedalia

Posted

Great news for all.......the Tornado a2dp hack works on the Monet (Lobster).... COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Great news for all.......the Tornado a2dp hack works on the Monet (Lobster).... COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardz...have u got a link for the hack ?

Posted

It should be pinned in the Tornado section but the 4th link in my sig should take you straight there :)

Posted (edited)

Hardz...have u got a link for the hack ?

Hi

I've done the hack on my 700TV below is the link to my post on the xda site form those you can get to the application unlock and tornado hacks required.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...503#post1162503

Edited by Richie-F

Posted

put in the hack a while ago ;) seems to work.. dont know tho cos i dont have headphones :( i just wanted the capabiltety :D

but its in the list now :)

Posted

Patched mine but suffer with bad stutter to the point of unlistenable. The processor is at fault I think as when using any other apps during playback things get a lot worse.

Posted

I got the A2DP hack to work on my first Lobster a long time ago, but can't do the same with my new Lobster.

Maybe I've forgotten, so here is my problem:

According to the guide at XDA forums, the 3 dll files should be copied over to /windows via active sync.

I guess this means copy the 3 dll's to 'my windows mobile icon' because I can't find any folder specifically named windows.

Then I copied to the device and executed the Tor_A2DP_cert.CAB and it installed successfully.

Now using registry editor, I reached [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID but the required registry '{7AAC2B28-5DD1-4052-81DD-E17114EE96B6}' is not there.

If the 3 dll's installed on to the device and the Tor_A2DP_cert.CAB ran, then why is the '{7AAC2B28-5DD1-4052-81DD-E17114EE96B6}' registry not there ?

what am I doing wrong ?

Posted

I got the A2DP hack to work on my first Lobster a long time ago, but can't do the same with my new Lobster.

Maybe I've forgotten, so here is my problem:

According to the guide at XDA forums, the 3 dll files should be copied over to /windows via active sync.

I guess this means copy the 3 dll's to 'my windows mobile icon' because I can't find any folder specifically named windows.

Then I copied to the device and executed the Tor_A2DP_cert.CAB and it installed successfully.

Now using registry editor, I reached [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID but the required registry '{7AAC2B28-5DD1-4052-81DD-E17114EE96B6}' is not there.

If the 3 dll's installed on to the device and the Tor_A2DP_cert.CAB ran, then why is the '{7AAC2B28-5DD1-4052-81DD-E17114EE96B6}' registry not there ?

what am I doing wrong ?

If you have to copy into windows then copying to 'my windows mobile icon' isn't going to do it, copy the files to a location somewhere on your lobster and use a proper file manager on your lobster to get them into windows. You'll need a file manager that allows you to view system files, resco explorer should do the trick.

Posted

Not for DAB but for just listening to music you have on the phone this works.

Rip to WMA using Windows Media Player 11 at 128 bit rate.

Play using the phones Windows Media Player.

Do not have any other programs running either in the foreground or background. Close everything else down using Task Manager.

Leave Media Player in the foreground.

MP3 at 128 stutters

WMA at higher that 128 stutters

It stutters if you go to your home screen or run any other program. It stutters using Core Player.

But as above in the last two hours no stutter (apart from when I walked out of range of the phone !"*!)

Personally I am not to concerned about DAB as you need to have the supplied earphone plugged in to act as the aerial, but if anyone can get MP3 at 192 to work that would be the icing on the cake for me.

Malcolm