Playable Play Station emulator!

Guest RealUnrealwolf

Guest RealUnrealwolf

Hello. I found a way to run a PPC PSone emulator on QVGA smartphones! First you need emu - FPSEce

http://4pda.ru/forum/attach/481546/FPSEce_0.09.6_beta.rar

Put this file in Bios folder of emu

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?act=Attach&...st&id=14166

Change fpse.ini in emu folder to this

http://slil.ru/23672536

Then, you need a virtual cursor - SPhelper. Do some google! It`s better to use registred version.

So, if you have done all this, run sphelper, minimise it (arrow button on your smartphone), and go to folder with emu. Run fpsece.exe. Long press on "0"button to show cursor. Then, press left soft-button, choose a ROM and press arrow button when black screen and fps counter appears.Then youn can play :) .

Now, about problems:

1. speed is low (my c550 (252mhz overclock) has only 17 fps in GTA), but better, then in all existing GBA emuls

2. it may not work at un-unlocked smartphones, and non-qvga too

3. i don`t know, how to save

If you want sound, change "EnableSound=off" in ini file to"EnableSound=on". Speed will not change

Change screen mode to Landscape, it much better! You can change controls too, it`s hard, but real. To exit game, long press on "0" button again, then choose "quit".

Official page of this emu is http://fpsece.net/ . Please, somebody, ask them to make a version of the emulator espeially for smartphones!

Sorry for my English and happy New Year!

Edited by RealUnrealwolf

Guest mikeeey
Hello. I found a way to run a PPC PSone emulator on QVGA smartphones! First you need emu - FPSEce

http://4pda.ru/forum/attach/481546/FPSEce_0.09.6_beta.rar

Put this file in Bios folder of emu

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?act=Attach&...st&id=14166

Change fpse.ini in emu folder to this

http://slil.ru/23672536

Then, you need a virtual cursor - SPhelper. Do some google! It`s better to use registred version.

So, if you have done all this, run sphelper, minimise it (arrow button on your smartphone), and go to folder with emu. Run fpsece.exe. Long press on "0"button to show cursor. Then, press left soft-button, choose a ROM and press arrow button when black screen and fps counter appears.Then youn can play :) . 1. speed is low (my c550 (252mhz overclock) has only 17 fps in GTA), but better, then in all existing GBA emuls

2. it may not work at un-unlocked smartphones, and non-qvga too

3. i don`t know, how to save

If you want sound, change "EnableSound=off" in ini file to"EnableSound=on". Speed will not change

Change screen mode to Landscape, it much better! You can change controls too, it`s hard, but real. To exit game, long press on "0" button again, then choose "quit".

Official page of this emu is http://fpsece.net/ . Please, somebody, ask them to make a version of the emulator espeially for smartphones!

Sorry for my English and happy New Year!

yea this runs with sphelper. PS roms are much harder to find than other roms so when i find one and test it il tell u how it works on my phone

*hm i cant get this to work. im running GTA and when i load the iso file it just quits the program. somethin im doin wrong?

Edited by mikeeey

Guest RealUnrealwolf

Mikeeey, i has the same problem, but changed .ini file and all start works. Try to reselect Bios file, or, if it isnt help, try to change gfx driver (options-misc) and another options.

Make shure that you changed original .ini to my! without this games would not work!

Edited by RealUnrealwolf

Yes ... Got FF VII run ... but I dont know how to swith to landscape or map some keys ... Game just runs and I cannot select New Game / Continue Old ... just cursor moves ... Phone Samsung i310. I don't think that conversion to smartphone will be very hard. Just reprograming menu.

Guest olborer

wow...when i first saw this topic i thought that it's bulls**t but when i got it installed i was totaly amazed.. and i don't know about you guys but i can change everything in the options menu or in the ini file.. [to change the screen orientation for example change the orientation=0 to 1 for rot. right and 2 for left or otherwise i'dont remember accurately]...

ohhh.. and you can run hacked or ripped isos too!

Edited by olborer

Guest mikeeey
Mikeeey, i has the same problem, but changed .ini file and all start works. Try to reselect Bios file, or, if it isnt help, try to change gfx driver (options-misc) and another options.

Make shure that you changed original .ini to my! without this games would not work!

hey wow i got it to work now. u were rite i just needed to try a different gfx driver. i wonder if masterall would be able to get this to go any faster

ive just noticed that not all the buttons work, such as *, RED, GREEN, and left and right softkeys, wich makes it a little harder to play. and this program wont minimize so il have to either restart my phone or stop all tasks. but yea if this was made into a smartphone version it would be much easier and fun to play around with

Edited by mikeeey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest RandomHero

I seem to have a similar problem with running the emulator on my HTC MTeoR.

Freezes on the first screen. It there a way to fix this or doesn't the emulator work on

an HTC MTeoR?

I would be greatful for some help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alexkidd

Thx !!!!!!

i've got 22 Fps in FF7 with SPV C600 overckloked to 276 Mhz !!

but it difficulte to configure the keyboard.

A screen capture :

sshot000pr0.png

sshot010lz9.png

sshot011af8.png

sshot013cl6.png

sshot014nv2.png

Guest zerozen

So yes, the problem as i've noticed it is not at all with the emulator (yet) but it's with SP helper, in regards to the moto q.

This is terrible! I almost died hearing about this app as it would help me run many java apps that require a touchpad, but it freezes if you put it into the background and bring it back out again!

Guest zerozen

Fixed the sphelper problem, and now i can access the menu's of the emulator. working on making it work.

To make it work on you MOTO Q, change the last line in your sphelper.ini from 1 to 0

usehook=1

change to

usehook=0

Edited by zerozen

Guest RandomHero
Fixed the sphelper problem, and now i can access the menu's of the emulator. working on making it work.

To make it work on you MOTO Q, change the last line in your sphelper.ini from 1 to 0

usehook=1

change to

usehook=0

Thanks. Seems it helped me with my HTC-phone too. I can navigate the menus now but when I load a game i get an

"failed to initialize cd" error.

Guest zerozen

Cool! Yeah i've gotten the emulator to start up the game, but it runs VERY slowly, but if i put it in landscape mode, it runs pretty fast, but it's unplayable of course on my phone that way...

I'll figure this out, if i can get anything to play at any decent speed i'll let you all know and post my .INI's

Guest RandomHero

Cool.

I got it to work yesterday. The speed is not good at all so the games are almost unplayable but the fact that

you can run PS1 games on a smartphone is really cool.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Snoopp

Hey :D It's works on my SPV C550 the game is started but anybody know how to change buttons ?? I can't choose Start game and other... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RandomHero
Hey :D It's works on my SPV C550 the game is started but anybody know how to change buttons ?? I can't choose Start game and other... ;)

The buttons are defined in the FPSE.ini - file located in the root-directory for the emulator. You should be able to edit button settings there. Although it might not be a trivial matter of figuring out which button is which.

Guest TheRsThrives

Ok, I've done everything in this thread, and I still can't get it to work. Do you need to have the Playstation Bios in the Bios folder as well? Or does the emulator run without them? I have a Motorola Q and got as far as trying to load the game, but then it either does nothing, or the screen just changes, and stays that way.

The Rs

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rubicant

Ha, no way. Noooooo way. LOVE IT! (useless comment I know, but blown away) friggin great guys, just friggin great!

I just picked up a cingular 8525 can't wait to see/hear how it handels it.

hope these games get playable I was happy with super mario bros. but ff7... fantastic.

Guest mikeeey
Ha, no way. Noooooo way. LOVE IT! (useless comment I know, but blown away) friggin great guys, just friggin great!

I just picked up a cingular 8525 can't wait to see/hear how it handels it.

hope these games get playable I was happy with super mario bros. but ff7... fantastic.

let me know how it works on the 8525. id really like to know how it handles. also, if youve overclocked it tel how that works too

• 2 weeks later...