Audiovox SMT-5600 Device Lock

Guest EPiSKiNG

Guest EPiSKiNG

I've an AT&T SMT-5600 and it's locked at startup with a user code. I'm a Retail Sales Rep at T-Mobile, and one of my business customers had need for a new line of service with the SMT-5600, but their former employee put a user PIN on it... I'm guessing that if I flash it with the firmware, it'll lose that code, but when I try to flash with TY_ORUK_21130_4214_0328_Ship.exe, I'm required to establish an activesync partnership which requires entering the PIN... :)

Can I put the ROM update on the MiniSD card and then flash from there, avoiding the user code? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!

Guest awarner (MVP)

If the PIN has been placed by their employer is the device his to own or does it still belong to his employer?

After entering the PIN can he not use the phone as normal or what is this "new line of service"?

Guest EPiSKiNG
If the PIN has been placed by their employer is the device his to own or does it still belong to his employer?

After entering the PIN can he not use the phone as normal or what is this "new line of service"?

The phone was purchased by the company for use by its employees. The employee put on the user code and has since been fired. The company would like to re-use the phone, but is unable to retrieve the code. I can't get it to connect to activesync in order to re-flash it... Is there a master reset option that will reset the code? A way to flash the phone without an activesync connection?

Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated.