SkinProject: OS X

Guest Jamma14

Guest echostats
I have to concur with the title at the digg site. Best Skin ever for a phone! I can't stop playing with it. not that there is much to do but the JogDial works perfect with this skin! I did see something else that could be an awesome touch! in the last hover over of the clock icon the yellow sticky shows a mock task list you guys are plan to do on new releases. wouldn't it be awesome if the coding was written to retrieve some of your appointments and display it in the fields? I know you guys put a lot of sweat and thoughts in to this and I don't know if it can achieved. but that will also be an additional touch. :) keep up the good work!

We have some plans for the dashboard and that just may end up being one we will try. There is still we want to do to this skin but all in all I think it turned out pretty well. Thanks a lot for the kind words and we will continue to try to get more comments like that from you guys as we release more skins.

SkinProject

Guest thepogcbr900rr

Just installed it, NICE

I have the tmobile dash:

Couple of questions.

How can i change the dock shortcuts?

Last:

On applications shortcut bewteen the dashboard and

Qucktime, where is that pulling the programs from, the

start menu? Id like to change those.

Other than that it ROCKS.than that it ROCKS.

I WILL be donating!

Edited by thepogcbr900rr

Just installed it, NICE

I have the tmobile dash:

...snip...

My size and %'s arent howing on the battery, storage,

device. Is that just for looks?

If im not in the dock at the bottom cycling through the

shortcuts, my screen doesnt stay fixed/set, it wants to

jump and make the top split up and messses up all the

monitors (battery,storage, device). Is that b.c of the

Wi-fi monitor not showing unless you go to the top?

...snip...

Something similar happened to me when I was updating to the newest version. The way I fixed it was:

1. Change to some other homescreen

2. Uninstall all the plugins and the homescreen related to this project

3. Reboot the phone

4. Reinstall each plugin and the homescreen

I think that was all I had to do. I might have rebooted once more for good measure, but it works beautifully now.

Rock on SkinProject!

HTH,

brett

2 questions how do i remove icons eg quicktime from the docking station and is there a way i can rename the icons e.g instead of itunes- WMP5

The names and icons are "hard-coded" into the homescreen, but in earlier posts there was mention of personal customization for a fee.

HTH,

brett

Guest thepogcbr900rr
2 questions how do i remove icons eg quicktime from the docking station and is there a way i can rename the icons e.g instead of itunes- WMP5

If you go into the folder youll see all the menu images. Each one will have to be altered, to make the dock

shortcut change.

I changed the suffari to IE, and the Itunes to WMP 10.

Now, saying that, im a graphic designer so it wasnt

that hard.

Now i just have to figure out how to change the applications

selection for programs. For some reason its not pulling from

the start folder.

E-mail me with what you want it to change, and i will change it

when i have the time.

Guest Jamma14
...snip...is there a way i can rename the icons e.g instead of itunes- WMP5...snip...
Before people said they would prefer OS X names, and I feel inclined to agree now - we are making the homescreen as OS X as possible!

...snip...Now i just have to figure out how to change the applications

the start folder.

It is the MRU plugin...it is not predefined shortcuts (that would make the rest of the dock pretty useless) it displays your most recently used applications.

E-mail me with what you want it to change, and i will change it

when i have the time.

:) Lol, I'm having deja vu. :)

Oh and in case anyone cares...I'm gonna need a new hard drive...:) (not Windows' fault - it's an old PC) :)...but don't worry all the SkinProject stuff is backed up! I should be back up and running within the week. :D

James

...then I'll get that gif up.... :D

EDIT: Oh and btw, incase anyone cares (again) this is now the topic with the 4th highest amount of replies in the whole of the homescreen download discussion section, despite it only having been here for less than 2 months! So thanks for your comments and suggestions, keep them coming! :D And it is also the most downloaded homescreen in the landscape section by quite a big margin :D. Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and rated it too!

echostats and I are really pleased with the response and we hope to bring you more of our "LIMITED EDITION" :) themes in the future!

Edited by Jamma14

Guest echostats

rofl about people wanting to change the theme. BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

Anyhow, to change the shortcuts and what they link to simple add the shortcut to the Storage Card\Program Files\SkinProject\OS X\ Shorctuts. Make sure you name them correctly and you're good to go.

If you want a Windows theme, check out windowsisgaysogaythatitshouldnthaveatheme.com. This is an OS X theme and that's how it shall stay.

Thanks for all the love and continue to watch out for our future themes. (vista has been talked about as being our next theme so hold your horses).

Guest thepogcbr900rr

QUOTE(thepogcbr900rr)

...snip...Now i just have to figure out how to change the applications

the start folder.

It is the MRU plugin...it is not predefined shortcuts (that would make the rest of the dock pretty useless) it displays your most recently used applications.

??? Odd, it always remain the same apps.

ALSO PLEASE HELP>

BTW, can anyone tell me how to put shortcuts into the START section. Everytime i create a shortcut, and put it in the start folder it gives me errors.

Experiencing errors trying to extract the second .rar file. Tried using UltimateZip and 7Zip and both give me an error about the CRC failing or a CRC error. Ideas?

*edit* nevermind, i'm a retard....

Edited by jbz

Anyhow, to change the shortcuts and what they link to simple add the shortcut to the Storage Card\Program Files\SkinProject\OS X\ Shorctuts. Make sure you name them correctly and you're good to go.

If you want a Windows theme, check out windowsisgaysogaythatitshouldnthaveatheme.com. This is an OS X theme and that's how it shall stay.

Thanks for all the love and continue to watch out for our future themes. (vista has been talked about as being our next theme so hold your horses).

you've done great work here echo, but what's with the seriously bad attitude towards Windows? I can understand you prefer Macs/OS X, but is the "windowsisgay....." thing necessary?

Guest echostats

I'm a very sarcastic. I use Windows and have used Windows for about 10 years. I have everything against it but I cannot deny it's usefulness. Please understand it was sarcasm. Ask Jamma, I'm a mac fanboy. To each his own. IT WAS A JOKE

that's cool, I wasn't getting uptight about it. Just thought the "isgay" part was a bit overkill :) I use both, so I don't really have an alliance to one or the other. That being said...can't wait to see the Vista project.

Guest echostats
that's cool, I wasn't getting uptight about it. Just thought the "isgay" part was a bit overkill :) I use both, so I don't really have an alliance to one or the other. That being said...can't wait to see the Vista project.

Yea, I use a lot of different platforms ranging from XP, Vista, OS X, Ubuntu, WM5 :D. I'm a Mac guy pretty much because I use it all frequently and Mac is the one that I find "relaxing". Less to do, "it just works". I fix XP workstations all day, it's a relief to come home to OS X. OK! done being a fanboy for now. later!

Guest thepogcbr900rr

Anytime i create a shortcut for anything, it always gives me an erorr. Can mobile not see shortcuts for folders, or just programs?

Maybe im doing something wrong. I tried the shortcuts, and put them in the start menu and always get an error.

Please help.

Guest hackeradam

Rockin home screen fellas. One question though - is there supposed to be any functionality to the menu bar across the top? (apple, mobile, etc, etc) Or is it just there for aesthetics? If so, then I hosed up the install somehow.

Also, any plans on throwing in another plugin like Fizz Weather to fill in the empty space in the middle?

-thanks

Edited by hackeradam

Guest echostats
Rockin home screen fellas. One question though - is there supposed to be any functionality to the menu bar across the top? (apple, mobile, etc, etc) Or is it just there for aesthetics? If so, then I hosed up the install somehow.

Also, any plans on throwing in another plugin like Fizz Weather to fill in the empty space in the middle?

-thanks

No, the only plugin in the menu bar is the clock. We're pretty limited on what we can do with this screen because of the scrolling dock. There will be no more MAJOR updates/changes to this skin but there are some things we will be adding. Keep checking back and soon we will have more SkinProject screens in addition to this OS X theme.

No, the only plugin in the menu bar is the clock. We're pretty limited on what we can do with this screen because of the scrolling dock. There will be no more MAJOR updates/changes to this skin but there are some things we will be adding. Keep checking back and soon we will have more SkinProject screens in addition to this OS X theme.

First off, awesome skin. Great job. Regarding the menu bar, I'm wondering if phoneAlarm would work. It's a great plugin and would do all the thing people are asking for (signal strength, profile, voicemail, etc.) Just a thought.

Guest echostats
First off, awesome skin. Great job. Regarding the menu bar, I'm wondering if phoneAlarm would work. It's a great plugin and would do all the thing people are asking for (signal strength, profile, voicemail, etc.) Just a thought.

That's Jamma's field. Hopefully that is possible.

Guest Jamma14

Hiya, yeah I had looked at the plugin previously and I reckon it would be able to improve the functionality of the taskbar...but it isn't free and that's gonna mean a lot of people won't be able to use the homescreen...I'll look into it and see if we can do a separate version with this plugin included (as soon as I get the PC back up and running).

James

Guest Malatesta

Strange question:

Can I run this skin suite without Smartmonitor (it utterly crashes the Moto Q from my experience)? I realize I'll loose the battery meter and memory info but I might be able to live without that.

tia

Guest additov

Guys, please..

I've been trying for an hour to figure out how to install this.

I just got my phone, so I'm whole to the new experience.

Downloaded the .rar files and do not know what to do from there.

Can please soemone provide me with some instructions on how to get this running on my Blackjack?

Thanks..

Guest hackeradam
Guys, please..

I've been trying for an hour to figure out how to install this.

I just got my phone, so I'm whole to the new experience.

Downloaded the .rar files and do not know what to do from there.

Can please soemone provide me with some instructions on how to get this running on my Blackjack?

Thanks..

Did you read the thread? It's very simple. Not sure how much more simplified it can get after 7 pages of instuctions. You will need to install WinRAR to extract the rar file, it's free, google it.

Guest additov
Did you read the thread? It's very simple. Not sure how much more simplified it can get after 7 pages of instuctions. You will need to install WinRAR to extract the rar file, it's free, google it.

Noone posted intructions, and I could not find any.

I have WinZip.. and when I extract the files.. I get a bunch of cabs and misc. file types.

Am I supposed to place them in a directory?

If so, where do they go?

Am I uspposed to install it on my PC first? Phone?

I'm completely lost. =*(

Guest hackeradam
Noone posted intructions, and I could not find any.

I have WinZip.. and when I extract the files.. I get a bunch of cabs and misc. file types.

Am I supposed to place them in a directory?

If so, where do they go?

Am I uspposed to install it on my PC first? Phone?

I'm completely lost. =*(

....and in those files you extracted there's one called readme - read it. Copy the cabs to your phone and run them from your phone. Run the exe from Activesync

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.