Train your brain courtesy of SPB Brain Evolution

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

If you're a bloke, chances are you have a rubbish memory. OK, so that's not always the case, but it seems to be true more often than not... I know my (short term) memory is useless, and I always remember pointless crap.

Anyway, what was I gonna write about? Oh yeah... :D

You can now train your brain courtesy of SPB Brain Evolution for Pocket PC. Following in the footsteps of a similar game on the Nintendo DS, Brain Evolution offers a suite of games / challenges to help you sharpen up the old grey matter.

In SPB's own words:

This is one of the most intelligent games for Pocket PC. By using Spb Brain Evolution you can improve your mental awareness and maintain your brain fitness. Use this game for everyday training and you will find that your brain will become faster and more reliable.

Features

• Original support for qVGA and VGA devices (240x240, 240x320, 480x640)
  • Addictive gameplay
  • Brain Marking and Brain Training modes
  • 10 development mini-games (Sudoku included)
  • Handy hardware keys control
  • Different awards for better play
  • Knowledge base
  • User profiles support

upload%5C%5C159%5C10191%5Cbe_main_ss1.gif

I've downloaded the application and been through the startup test, and it thinks I have the brain of a child. Hmmm.... plenty of scope for improvement then :)

You can find out more at the SPB Brain Evolution page, where you can also download a free demo and purchase the game for $19.95. You can also buy the application here in the MoDaCo FairDeal store.

P

just downloaded it man its a slickly programmed game

i had a schoolboy level similarly depressing.

Definitely going to buy it got pocket plus and diary and gprs monitor already too

JEREMY

Guest pookiecheeks

hello all,

..its reasuring to know i'm not the only doofus amongst us then ! i've only completed 17% so far, yet i'm too just a little school boy by all accounts. not sure how useful the 'diary' bit is ?

pooks

Guest Kallisti
hello all,

..its reasuring to know i'm not the only doofus amongst us then ! i've only completed 17% so far, yet i'm too just a little school boy by all accounts. not sure how useful the 'diary' bit is ?

pooks

I was actually thinking of buying a DS in order to get one of these games :) Having a good morning with my hermes - a universal remote control program, metronome and now this :D On top of Tomtom, 3G data etc. I hear you can make calls on the device too!

Just to show off, after my brain marking, I started in at 51% - student :D

Guest mwright
Man, is the 'remember the shapes' one hard or what?!?

P

OK - it is probably just that I am too thick to use this at all but - how do you enter the digits in "Numbers" :)

Ah - probably best if I read the instructions and hints isn't it!

A few mistakes trying to understand that one probably helped me get "schoolboy"!

Edited by mwright

man I've had this game for a few days and its amazing. I'm still only 37% schoolboy though my girlfriend loves it to and so far its been well worth purchasing it.

that memory one is so hard ( or I'm just awful at it )

anyway off to work now

I'm at Intern, working my way slowly to PhD :)

(but I was just Schoolboy on by first go)

Edit: Oh, and I agree that it's better than Filao Advanced Brain Trainer. In particular, there seem to be a couple of niggling issues with ABT:

1) On the "Memo Square" game, on the level where the shapes or colours change, the answer seems a bit random. I even used CoolCamera to record a game and check to see if it was just me always getting it wrong. I don't think it is :D

2) On the "Color Algebra" game, it can sometimes give you a question like "2 ? 2 = 4" and then offer both "+" or "*". If you guess wrong, you lose. Grr.

It's still a great game though, with at least 9 game types (so far - not sure if there are any more to unlock, it's not as obvious as with Brain Evolution), at least 1 unlockable game mode and at least 1 unlockable coach. The graphics are fun too (I love the cat in "Cool Cat") and the coaches add an anime-inspired personal touch.

Brain Evolution and Advanced Brain Trainer are both better than Max Image "Mr Genius Vol. 1", in my opinion. It has no apparent unlockables, 8 game types and most importantly for this type of game, _no progress tracking_.

Edited by argh

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wheresalan

Hi,

I have been trying out Brain Evolution for the past few days and I am pretty impressed with it. Saying that I have difficulty with a few of the games (besides being stupid... :) ) in the fact that I am colourblind and i cannot see some of the shades of colour that is used in the games, namely Quadronica and Memonics .

Does anybody else have the same or similar problems?

I wish they could have an option to switch to greyscale like they do in Jawbreaker.

I will write to SPB about this, but was wondering if I was the only one.

Al

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.