Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marksurry

Palm Treo 750V thoughts

3 posts in this topic

Before buying my Palm Treo 750V I searched the internet for user reviews, actual users not companies that use it for a few days. I couldn't find much at all so I thought I would put together a review with some of my thoughts to maybe help potential buyers in a decision. My review is here:

http://www.surryskingdom.co.uk/?p=98

Feel free to add any comments you might have.

Mark

i completely agree about the size. Although my treo is much thicker than a thin phone like the razr or even the jam, its shape is far superior. I find it so difficult holding other ones, even my wizard. The back of the treo is curved so it actually *looks* thin from the back - so when i have it against my head i don't look like a dork!

Also, i'm fairly sure the 240x240 isn't actually so much cost - the 680 (palm os version of the 750) has a 320320. It's just that windows mobile doesn't support 320x320, so it was either 240x240 or 480x480 - personally i think with so many vga devices around, it wouldn't have hurt to go 480x480, surely?

Also i look forward to seeing if a crossbow upgrade is released for this.

My only wish is for a black housing instead of the insect-like blue. It's nice, but i want black or charcoal. theoretically, a 680 shell would fit - exact same shape and even button placement. But it seems you can't get them yet...

Edited by bennish

Insect blue, like it. Never heard it called that before. I know what you mean about the colour though, black would have been a nice option.

I'll have to amend the review concerning the screen resolution. Now you mention the 240 or 480 point it rings a bell.