Unlocking spv phones

Guest rapid

Guest v0dk4

I can't unlock my telephone through those processes... in the first case I don't get the confirmation message, in the second one, they didn't reply to my email. I though that this tool was an alternative.

Guest v0dk4

I can't unlock my telephone through those processes... in the first case I don't get the confirmation message, in the second one, they didn't reply to my email. I though that this tool was an alternative.

I've received an email from orange with a file that should unlock my phone, so I can install all kind of applications... but when I click on the cab file on my phone, it says that the file cannot be installed..any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest smitch6
AS 3.5!!! WTF are you still using that for? WM6 needs at least 4.0 (or so I believe) just download the 4.5 and it should all be ok.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/act...tivesync45.mspx

i'm trying to unlock the spv e650 also

i've downloaded the email and installed it ok on the spv

tried to run the spv unlocker but it keeps saying fail safe failed

i'm using the activesync 4.5 so all upto date on everything but still no joy

has anyone actually managed to unlock one of these from orange in the uk

if so how on earth did you do it.???????????

• 2 months later...
Guest adam14675

Hello,

I fear I'm about to ask a rather dim question, but I'm struggling a little so hope someone more knowledgeable can help.

I've successfully got the official spvunlock cab from Orange to remove security on my SPV M600, copied it to the SPV and ran the cab.

I've successfully run SPV-Services.exe from my pc while connected via ActiveSync to the SPV. I ran the SIM unlock tool twice and both times it ended with the message that the phone had been unlocked.

But here's the sticky bit. When I put an O2 SIM into the M600 it asks for an unlock code. Where do I get this code? Have I confused things by running the SIM unlock tool twice (ie did the first time unlock it and the second time toggle it back to locked ...or is that just a stupid conclusion to reach?)?

Any help gratefully received.

best wishes,

adam14675

Guest Confucious

Hi Adam, welcome to the forum.

You have App unlocked it but not SIM unlocked! App unlocking allows you to install applications that youy can't otherwise. What you need to do is SIM unlock which varies from phone to phone. If you look in the relevent forum here for your phone there should be instructions. I'm not sure which HTC model the M600 is - if you don't know than ask back here and I'll try and find the instructions if you can't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Tosty_82

On the 4th page (after the summary) i get this error (with Firefox):

error '80070070'

/unlock.asp, line 115

With IE i get 'Page fot Found'.

Tried it on my phone as well (IE), get the 80070070-error as wel..

:s

Guest Disco Stu

There are 2 clues here :

1. Your avatar picture, Tosty_82 :(

2. Orange's mainframes are always going down at random times, as those of us with Orange.net email accounts are well aware. I would recommend you keep trying.

• 3 months later...
Guest Tomcat2k6
Tried to unlock an Orange SPV E650 (HTC S710) in the UK. Got the same error as mentioned above... (Invalid Storage Manager handle (SAFE)) :D Is this a problem with Activesync 3.5 and Windows mobile 6???

Any help greatly appreciated

Did you manage to unlock the phone, i m getting the same error

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

can any one help me

i have orange spv m700 used phone, my friend gave it to me with no sim card in it.

i am in canada now and going to buy a connection rogers or something.

but the fone is locked coz i tried a roger sim card in it and it ask for password or code.

any one to help me?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Antanico
Tried to unlock an Orange SPV E650 (HTC S710) in the UK. Got the same error as mentioned above... (Invalid Storage Manager handle (SAFE)) :D Is this a problem with Activesync 3.5 and Windows mobile 6???

Any help greatly appreciated

Hi,

This procedure does not work for E650 that you tried. You got confused with M650.

The E650 cannot be unlocked and Orange charges 25 £ in the UK.

Regards,

Ant

• 1 month later...
Guest Crishu
I have successfully used this system to application unlock and Sim unlock my SPV C550 which I have been trying to do for ages, thanks a million.

However I did have a couple of problems to get over.

When trying to install the application in "accessories" on my phone, after clicking on "Smartphone" (rather than "windows based device" I had to click on "storage" next, otherwise I reached the wrong "windows" folder.

Secondly, after application unlocking successfully, I did not realise that I had to transfer the CAB file to my phone before running SPV_Services.exe. After discovering this on a different forum I tried to copy and paste the CAB file using EXPLORE (Activesync) to a convenient folder on the phone My Documents/Notes. However this would not work, the paste operation was greyed out. I therefore tried transferring the whole of the zipped up folder (which pasted OK) and then unzipped it on my phone using one of the menu options of the file manager. Finally I deleted the other two files and the zipped folder and ran the CAB file. This worked OK. It was then possible to go back to the PC and run the SPV Services.exe file. When this came up with a sucess message it was so low key I began to doubt I was really there at last

How about a ****FANFARE**** at the end?

By the way I have seen a comment somewhere that there are problems using Explorer7, this did not seem to be true in my case unless it is the reason the CAB file would not transfer in unzipped form. However the phone is working fine on Virgin.

THANKS AGAIN

Hi,

OK I tried all those methods above as well. I am now at the state where I copied the zip in the storage/window/start menu/accessories however it doesn't appear so I can extract the zip into the phone dorectly

I even tried extracting outside the phone on my laptop and then copied the extracted files in my phone but it still does not see them

Note: I have a spv c500 blocked by orange

So any ideas? :)

I'd highly appreciate it

Thanks,

Crishu