Video on my M3100

Guest T39andcounting

Guest T39andcounting

I've just upgraded to an Orange M3100, and would like to use it to watch some video. I've got a 1Gb MicroSD card, and have tried downloading some video onto it, but very little seems to work properly. For example, none of the video formats from DL.TV will work properly.

Can anyone suggest either a) what I can do to get this working using the built in software, or b) what is the best software for viewing video on this device?

I've had a look at CorePlayer, as TCPMP was always good on my Treo 650, but the m3100 is not listed in the compatibility list, and I don't like putting down my cash on an app with no trial period for me to see if it works!

Guest musicinstinct
I've just upgraded to an Orange M3100, and would like to use it to watch some video. I've got a 1Gb MicroSD card, and have tried downloading some video onto it, but very little seems to work properly. For example, none of the video formats from DL.TV will work properly.

Can anyone suggest either a) what I can do to get this working using the built in software, or :) what is the best software for viewing video on this device?

I've had a look at CorePlayer, as TCPMP was always good on my Treo 650, but the m3100 is not listed in the compatibility list, and I don't like putting down my cash on an app with no trial period for me to see if it works!

I have an Orange M3100, and I use The Core Pocket Media Player (version 0.71), which works when you select "Options" -> "Video" -> "Raw FrameBuffer".

What do you mean "putting down my cash on an app"? isn't this software Freeware/Open Source? You shouldn't have to pay for it.

To encode videos for the device I use PocketDivXEncoder : http://divx.ppccool.com/ with the settings for PDA (320 x 240).

Guest T39andcounting

I've tried TCPMP 0.72 which is missing some codecs, but not 0.71. I'll give that a go. The latest version of TCPMP, renamed CorePlayer, is now a commercial product. It is supposed to support the lates codecs, and be better at decoding that the older versions, but as I said before, the Hermes is not officialy supported.

I also don't really want to go through the hassle of converting video that I've downloaded or recorded, but maybe I'm going to have to. :-(