T-Mobile - new 3G Pocket PC devices in the new few months?

Guest Swampie

Guest Swampie

My contract (18 months) is coming up for renewal around July time and I was wondering whether anyone knew what devices T-Mobile UK might be bringing out around then? I currently have a MDA Vario but would like to replace it with something with the same features but:

a.) 3G

b.) Faster processor

c.) Similar (if not better) battery life

d.) Windows Mobile 6

e.) VGA screen (okay, unlikely!)

Anything likely to match those specs?

Thanks

D

Guest LSmith4285

The HTC Kaiser (probably going to be the Vario 3) should be out by then, lots of details floating about the internet on this one. Same form but a bit slimmer, GPS, 3G etc

Guest Confucious

Check out the flood of new devices announced yesterday at Modaco!

The one that seems to fit the bill is the Toshiba G900 but dn't know about battery life or when / if T-Mob will release it.

Yesterday saw a lot of new SmartPgones / PPCs being announced from other manufacturers - it looks like HTCs dominance might be coming to an end but I have no idea when these are going to be released or on which networks. Lets hope T gets the better ones!

Guest Swampie
Check out the flood of new devices announced yesterday at Modaco!

The one that seems to fit the bill is the Toshiba G900 but dn't know about battery life or when / if T-Mob will release it.

Yesterday saw a lot of new SmartPgones / PPCs being announced from other manufacturers - it looks like HTCs dominance might be coming to an end but I have no idea when these are going to be released or on which networks. Lets hope T gets the better ones!

That sounds interesting. I've not heard of any UK operators selling Toshiba phones (I checked T-Mobile, Orange, O2 and Vodafone and didn't see any listed) - so I'd be surprised if T-Mobile started doing it for this handset. The high res screen sounds wonderful!

I'm on the Friends and Relatives T-Mobile offer at the moment, so half price line rental is very valuable to me, so I don't want to switch, and don't want to have to buy a sim-free handset due to their high cost.

A friend just got a M3100 and it looks nice - would like a WM6 device though. Give it a few months and I'll see again.

Guest Confucious

Tosh have oinly just announced them - they are the only two phones they make and are brand new so hopefully a UK operator will take them up and hopefully it will be T.

I'm only on the 25% discount but even if I wasn't I wouldn't go to another operatort as W'n'W is the only decent data package (unless you're drawn out of the hat for O's £8 unlimited data - lol)