Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZSX

MPx200 Customize WM5 Splash Screens

5 posts in this topic

Hi! I have an MPx200 running WM5 and am trying to change the startup, shutdown and operator splash screens.

I've tried to follow the instructions here:

http://www.modaco.com/Changing-Other-Screens-t230631.html

but the registry entry HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Splash Screen doesn't seem to exist.

Anyone customized these screens before?

If the registry entry doesn't exist you should safely be able to create it and the effects should still work.

Mind if i ask how you got WM5 on an MPx200? I have an old one that i was playing around with today and i need to flash it (cant get it to hard reset). Might as well go up to WM5 if its possible. ;)

Thanks

Mind if i ask how you got WM5 on an MPx200? I have an old one that i was playing around with today and i need to flash it (cant get it to hard reset). Might as well go up to WM5 if its possible. ;)

Thanks

You'll need a memory card of at least 32mb. The released unofficial flash of WM2005 uses all of the memory of the phone and includes also the memory from the SD/MMC card. You will see no "mounted Volume" or "ISPM". But if you use a 512mb card you will have 512-32= 480mb of phone memory.

Don't ask me where to find them, you should start a search, if you have no success, send me an e.mail to my above nickname at gmail dot com.