• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Request: to add email links in daily email topics digest

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I love getting my emails at 12:10 each morning filling me in on the topics of the [previous] day - incase I've not been on the site.

The new format is great in that it shows the latest post rather than the first again and again!

Was wondering though if a hyperlink could be added to take you straight to topic/posts, rather than only the link to the forum itself.

As i usually read this on my phone a "tinyurl" type of link would be great as this would save space (esp as emails are plain text rather than html - roll on WM6 when you might change this!)

TIA;

Edited by FragMeister

Posted · Report post

Hiya!

The email you means is the one you get if you subscribe to a daily digest for a particular forum right?

I've not even seen the new format... :) i'll sign up for a digest now, and will make the requested changes tomorrow (all being well) :D

P

Posted · Report post

Hiya!

The email you means is the one you get if you subscribe to a daily digest for a particular forum right?

I've not even seen the new format... :) i'll sign up for a digest now, and will make the requested changes tomorrow (all being well) :D

P

Yes, the daily topics digest (but i guess if you subscribe to the other (weekly etc) they would be the same.

Here is a snip of todays:

FragMeister,

This your daily new topics digest!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum: HTC Hermes - Hermes.MoDaCo.com
=====================================

-------------------------------------------
Topic: TenGO Free doesn't work (marisa4755 -- 12th February 2007 - 09:28) ............................................
QUOTE(Sogarth @ Feb 12 2007, 04:20) [post="805146"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]And just think! You get to wait until WM7 before it's really fixed! :D

Although, that part is true, since they've increased the process slot size in Windows CE 6.0 from 32 MB to 2 GB. Unfortunately, WM6 is still based on Windows CE 5.0.
-----------------------------

And maybe, just maybe, by the time we get to WM82 they will have fixed the alarms and notifications bugs! :D

Topic: Cinglular 8525 Active Sync with Wireless, no data plan (AximMarkSD -- Yesterday, 19:20) ............................................
you should be able to sync w/ your exchange server fine via wifi but you won't be able to sync w/ your PC.

The forum can be found here:
[url="http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showforum=204"]http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showforum=204[/url]

Unsubscribing:
--------------

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.

Regards,

The MoDaCo team.
[url="http://www.modaco.com/index.php"]http://www.modaco.com/index.php[/url]
[/codebox]

Posted · Report post

Could you forward me your last mail?

PM me if you need my e-mail address (sure you can guess it...)

P

Posted · Report post

Ignore last request... your functionality has now been added (as you can see in your inbox!)

A snippet of what it looks like now...

Paul (MVP),

This is your daily new topics digest!

Forum: MoDaCo Online

Topic: Forum search options busted? - http://www.modaco.com/d-t251963.html

Paul (MVP), Yesterday, 22:12

Should be all working again now :)

P