Vista and the mpx220

Guest Joe in Florida

Guest Joe in Florida

Microsoft released the Windows Mobile Device Center on Feb 12, 2007. I does not seem to recognize my Motorola mpx220. I can not find a USB driver for the mpx220 and Vista. Has anyone had success syncronizing their mpx220 and vista?

Guest merrillh
Microsoft released the Windows Mobile Device Center on Feb 12, 2007. I does not seem to recognize my Motorola mpx220. I can not find a USB driver for the mpx220 and Vista. Has anyone had success syncronizing their mpx220 and vista?

I am looking for help here as well. It seems the Motorola Website does not have anything about Vista or Sync Center.

I'm thinking this is going to be an issue...not working for me either!

Guest genaldar
I hate Microsoft. God bless Linux! It just always works ;)

Sure, as long as you only buy hardware that your preferred distro works with. And you know what you're doing when you set it up or else you get a dozen text editors, 3 web browsers, etc.

Macs just work. I'm not a fan but of the three it is the most true about Mac. But again you have to hardware made to work with a mac.

For widest support you can't beat windows though (I haven't found many pieces of hardware xp won't support).

Guest Alkeli
Sure, as long as you only buy hardware that your preferred distro works with. And you know what you're doing when you set it up or else you get a dozen text editors, 3 web browsers, etc.

I use Mandriva 2007 and I've never had problems with any hardware or device.

For widest support you can't beat windows though (I haven't found many pieces of hardware xp won't support).

I've never run into a piece of hardware that linux(mandriva) doesn't support. Actually, I've never had to install a driver for a device to work either, it just detects and works. And, I've never had any kind of help with MS products, and if I do, it's months and months down the road. EG: Linux has had a fix for the new timezone change for a long time now while MS has been scrambling to get their OS patched up and get updates out for it.

But, this thread is about Vista anyhow so I'll shut up now.

Guest KADBBZ
Has anyone got their MPX220 working with Vista? does Motorola or Microsoft care?

Mine is OK.

Mpx220 with ROM 3.46

Vista Bussiness

Guest geoffrey118

My MPx220 always syncs correctly with Vista!! I never found any problems with it!!

The problem with Vista is....that the smartfon driver (the driver with which you update the ROM) doesn't actually seem to work!! At least....mine doesn't!!

PS: This morning I installed Linux Mandriva 2006 - and now I have a headache with trying to configure the LAN.

Ultimately I just gave up and installed the Vista again - it detected my LAN settings + Router settings etc....without any problems!! God Bless Auto-Detect!!

I totally agree with denaldar - it definately has to be a MAC...however for me, they're too expensive and here in Malta we do not even have an agent for 'em (which basically means I have to get it from abroad which would become wwwaaaayyyyy toooooo expensive)!!

• 5 months later...
Guest João Alves
My MPx220 always syncs correctly with Vista!! I never found any problems with it!!

The problem with Vista is....that the smartfon driver (the driver with which you update the ROM) doesn't actually seem to work!! At least....mine doesn't!!

PS: This morning I installed Linux Mandriva 2006 - and now I have a headache with trying to configure the LAN.

Ultimately I just gave up and installed the Vista again - it detected my LAN settings + Router settings etc....without any problems!! God Bless Auto-Detect!!

I totally agree with denaldar - it definately has to be a MAC...however for me, they're too expensive and here in Malta we do not even have an agent for 'em (which basically means I have to get it from abroad which would become wwwaaaayyyyy toooooo expensive)!!

Did you have to do anything in order to get WMDC to sync with MPx220? My computer detects the mobile phone (I see it in Device Manager), but when I open WMDC it says there isn't any connected device.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest geoffrey118

Of course not....I just installed WMDC and it configured everything on its own!! It recognized my Mobile Phone...established a connection in no time and I was using it immediately...no need for restarts or anything!!

Re: the currently discussed subject....I do think Macs are great...but for a gamer like me - I'd pick WINDOWS anyday! Linux ARE trying to get things going with CEDEGA...however - not all games are compatible - so until I find a decent OS, I think I'll stick with Vista!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure about USB connections, I am referring to Bluetooth connections here:

If you are trying to sync over BT and it's not working, make sure you're not just using the vista drivers for your BT hardware. Install the latest driver for your device.

Example; my laptop would find my phone but not connect to it(Using default windows BT drivers). I installed the Broadcomm driver from the broadcomm website and after the reboot it connected to my phone, synced and everything worked like it was supposed to.

If you're having USB problems I have no idea, my connector is sketchy so I never use it, try using BT.

• 2 years later...
Guest audrumma

Can any of you guys help me out? I just got a mpx220 (Its cheap and I really like it), and I downloaded the mpx220 exe file. I ran it and I kept get an error that said i wasn't logged onto the internet. I clearly was logged on to both the internet and ethernet, so I couldn't understand why the process kept stopping at the step where it verifies your internet connection.

I have ActiveSync 4.5 on a Sony Viao (sp?). The Viao has Windows XP which is working fine. It also won't work if I use the new sync software on my brother's Windows Vista Notebook. It then tells me that I'm not connected to ActiveSync. Can any of you help me?