Using a Smartphone? You NEED Vito CopyPaste!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

So here's how the story goes...

For the past couple of months, i've been primarily using Pocket PCs. A good mixture, for sure, but mostly Pocket PCs. However, this week, my HTC S620 was returned to me (I lent it to a friend), and I remembered how awesome the form factor is. I decided it was time I ran Smartphone for a while.

Upon syncing all my content, installing all my apps and starting to use the device, I remembered the couple of little niggles about Smartphone that annoy me coming from a Pocket PC. First is the fact you can't select-all in a folder in inbox (not found a solution to that yet), the second is that you can't cut / copy / paste text. I set about having a little scoot around the web to see if there were any answers to those problems, and found...

VITO CopyPaste!

So let me explain how the FREE VITO CopyPaste works.

You copy the EXE to your \Windows\Startup folder on your device, or run it manually. That's it, it's running. Lurking, in the background, waiting to be summoned. Then, when you want to use the clipboard, you simply press and hold the 'action key'. From there you can Paste, Copy All, Cut All or switch to 'Selection Mode', which lets you do just that... select sections of text to cut / copy.

It works BRILLIANTLY, and as mentioned above, is FREE!

If you have a Smartphone, you NEED this application. You can download it from the VITO CopyPaste page. What are you waiting for? :D Now, if only I could find a way to 'Select All'... :)

P

post-1-1171569057_thumb.png

It isn't needed. No matter where you place it (I have it on my storage card), it will continue to run after a power cycle. I'm not sure exactly how it does it, but once you've run it it will continue running until your stop it. It's a sweet app.

Guest genaldar
It isn't needed. No matter where you place it (I have it on my storage card), it will continue to run after a power cycle. I'm not sure exactly how it does it, but once you've run it it will continue running until your stop it. It's a sweet app.

It creates a shortcut in the startup folder. Easy as pie :).

great application ?!?

hmm, i don't think so... try to use it when writing sms - each time when you press 'action button' a new line is inserted before CopyPaste shows its dialog.

If you are selecting some text and want to finish selection mode - you have to press 'action button' again... and what is happening??? your actual selection dissapears, because it is replaced by new line!!!

Is there any way to show CopyPaste dialog without using joystick?

Guest My_Immortal
great application ?!?

hmm, i don't think so... try to use it when writing sms - each time when you press 'action button' a new line is inserted before CopyPaste shows its dialog.

If you are selecting some text and want to finish selection mode - you have to press 'action button' again... and what is happening??? your actual selection dissapears, because it is replaced by new line!!!

Is there any way to show CopyPaste dialog without using joystick?

That doesn't happen for me, in either of those instances!

P

Well, believe it or not, that also happens on my Qtek 8500.

And it is really annoying!!!!

Guest genaldar

This version works fine on my sda. Although I do agree mapping it to some other key would be nice. Thats why I always used iMenu on my mpx220. And since I think I figured out why it isn't working on my sda I may try that again. Still, this app is good enough that if I can't get iMenu to work it isn't a huge deal.

Edited by genaldar

Paul, I'm shocked that you didn't know about this long ago!

I've covered it in my semi-definitive guide (wow, I've got to update that thing) to making your smartphone do everthing a PPC can!

Its been linked to in the forum before, but here it is:

http://mobile-enthusiast.blogspot.com/2007...cations-on.html

I've discovered a lot of new information since I wrote this, but Vito copypaste is in there as well as some other goodies I've figured out and used to regain missing functionality that all smartphones SHOULD have had.

This is a fantastic free app! Highly recommended, been using it for a while now!

Jon

Which one do you mean? I see you have a HTC S620, but mine never work with VitoCopyPaste. The problems were posted by PAWR: it inserts a new line whenever I press/hold the action key and the selected text is gone.

Edited by Fixup

Guest b o   o
Er, no, it works fine on my S620! You must have tried an older version!

P

EDIT: nvm its the middle button i didnt hold down =p

Edited by b o o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

the link seems to be broken

do you have other ideas?

i have a htc s620

kind regards,

pieter

So here's how the story goes...

For the past couple of months, i've been primarily using Pocket PCs. A good mixture, for sure, but mostly Pocket PCs. However, this week, my HTC S620 was returned to me (I lent it to a friend), and I remembered how awesome the form factor is. I decided it was time I ran Smartphone for a while.

Upon syncing all my content, installing all my apps and starting to use the device, I remembered the couple of little niggles about Smartphone that annoy me coming from a Pocket PC. First is the fact you can't select-all in a folder in inbox (not found a solution to that yet), the second is that you can't cut / copy / paste text. I set about having a little scoot around the web to see if there were any answers to those problems, and found...

VITO CopyPaste!

So let me explain how the FREE VITO CopyPaste works.

You copy the EXE to your \Windows\Startup folder on your device, or run it manually. That's it, it's running. Lurking, in the background, waiting to be summoned. Then, when you want to use the clipboard, you simply press and hold the 'action key'. From there you can Paste, Copy All, Cut All or switch to 'Selection Mode', which lets you do just that... select sections of text to cut / copy.

It works BRILLIANTLY, and as mentioned above, is FREE!

If you have a Smartphone, you NEED this application. You can download it from the VITO CopyPaste page. What are you waiting for? ;) Now, if only I could find a way to 'Select All'... :D

P

post-1-1171569057_thumb.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.