M700 - What kind of contract deals are you getting

Guest ddieter

Guest ddieter

Interested to hear what kind of contract details people are getting.

Does anyone have any advice on how to "negotiate" with Orange?

I left Orange previously and want more of an incentive to come back. ie free Orange Care.

Guest zahoor99

Well i don'nt know about new contracts but I phoned them up today to change to PAYG but they made me a pretty good offer and fell for it. I think it's a slight variation on one of the animal packages but not too sure.

525 xnet mins, 75 texts, 150 landline minutes on top, plus unlimited calls to one orange magic number with an diitional number in 6 months. Plus free handset of my choice. For 25 quid a month which isnt bad. Asked about data tarrifs and for first 2 months get unlimited data in evenings and weekends which will cost 4 pound a month after 2 months are up. Went for the M700 and should be recieving it on Monday. GOt conflicting answers as to whether it will be the white or black version though. One rep said it's only available in White and another said that their system doesnt specify which means that it will be the default black.

Will find out on Monday!!

Guest gazzaman28

I called upgrades to see what I could get out of them, I've got a C600 at the moment. They first of all said that it would cost me £100 to upgrade, so I laughed and said that it was free for new customers on their website, not fair, etc.! The guy then told me that my best bet was to threaten to cancel - yes I know that's common knowledge but I was shocked that they have effectively encouraged me to do it! Fair play to the nice chap on their desk, he offered me the phone for free so long as I went onto an 18 month contract for £35/month. It was better than my current contract for the same money, although I'd have preferred just a 12 month one. Thinking back maybe I could have argued my point and got a cheaper contract, but I was desperate to get my hands on the phone and I was overcome with weakness so I went for it! It arrives on monday :)

Edited by gazzaman28

Interested to hear what kind of contract details people are getting.

Does anyone have any advice on how to "negotiate" with Orange?

I left Orange previously and want more of an incentive to come back. ie free Orange Care.

You can't "negotiate" on a new contract. There are some fairly good deals available at Orange Shops these days. EG £50 trade-in, free broadband etc.

If you can sign up as a business customer (you need to be able to prove it) then you will get free care and some other bits too.

You can't "negotiate" on a new contract. There are some fairly good deals available at Orange Shops these days. EG £50 trade-in, free broadband etc.

If you can sign up as a business customer (you need to be able to prove it) then you will get free care and some other bits too.

Well. This is my first post here and it is about my experience with Orange and upgrading.

I'm a Talk200 customer, £30 a month tariff, 200 anytime, and 200 off peak call matching.

So I phoned for an upgrade, and upgrades said "Sorry sir only available to new customer at the moment, try again next week"

So I went to the local Orange store, and they said, "Yes you can, Hmm level 2 customer, that will be £149.99 sir" New customers on a £30 a month tariff can get it for £49.99.

So I checked their website, then phoned retentions.

Told them I wasn't happy with CS and their shop staff, and didn't reckon that a £100 penalty for loyalty was treating existing staff the same as new ones.

He asked me which phone and I said "The SPV M700".

"And would you like to stay on the same tariff?"

"Yes"

"and would you take a new 18month contract"

"yes"

"OK, it is out of stock, so I will back order it for you. Someone will call in the next few days to confirm delivery details".

Another CS rep has off the record said to me, "I don't know how we have any old customers left, the way the company treats them".

Crazy isn't it.

I hope the gps is worth it now.

Oh and the phone was £0.00 instead of even the £49.99 new customer £30 a month charge.

Edited by Elder

Guest robertevans

Did a similar thing phoned the retension squad and they offered me a m700 for 125, i said no, anyway i decided to ditch the number and went for a new contract, 500+ x network, 200 text, unlimited landline, and a free broadband on 18 month contract, Oh yes the phone was free, all for £35.00 per month. the colour is white, and tested the gps with tomtom 6, works ok, more sensitive than tomtom one v2, which i have been using for the last 3 months,over all nice small pda phone.

Guest dave106

signed up as a new contract for 18 months, free m700, unlimited txt, 500 mins and £100 of free credit, which i noticed has only just appeared in the last few days as it wasnt there on thurs when i tried to sign up and the shop werent working (good thing too!). offer valid for newbies if you sign up before 28/2 though, guess orange didnt meet their targets for feb. well thats my first 3 months of rental for free then!

signed up as a new contract for 18 months, free m700, unlimited txt, 500 mins and £100 of free credit, which i noticed has only just appeared in the last few days as it wasnt there on thurs when i tried to sign up and the shop werent working (good thing too!). offer valid for newbies if you sign up before 28/2 though, guess orange didnt meet their targets for feb. well thats my first 3 months of rental for free then!

Yeah a few better than normal looking contacts for new customers on O site HERE

None with decent data though.