Rivia Gentimer 2.0 Beta for Pocket PC

Guest rivia

Hello Everyone!

Gentimer is best selling clock application for Smartphones, and we're currenlty workin on Pocket PC version. That's why we are looking for beta testers that would help to make this product better.

The first 25 persons that will proivide feedback from the beta test will receive a free copy of this program.

If you're interested, please keep on reading.

The application is called Gentimer and it is the application that every Gentlemen or Gentlewoman should have on their smartphone.

It is basically a timer application, designed to by stylish functional, yet simple in use. It has such features:

Skins:

- not availble in this version, but Gentimer 2.0 will have some new very nice and stylish skins

Alarms:

- create unlimited number of alarms

- 3 types of alarms:

* Standard - plays the sound file normally

* Sleepy - for all of you, that have problems getting up in the morning; to stop it, you need to type a code.

* Gentle - 5 minutes before the alarm, a gentle sound is played to wake you up a little bit, so you will wake up gently.

- Supports WAV, WMA, MP3 (WMA and MP3 only if Windows Media Player 10 is installed) sounds.

- Alarms can be repeated everyday or weekdays, so you don’t have to set them everyday. Custom recurrence patterns can be defined via Options->Recurrence Patterns

Stopwatch:- A stopwatch with multiple laps support.

Timers:

- 5 customizable timers

- The timers can count down and act as a stopwatch as well

- Chain timers mode - you can set the timers to go off one after another. Great for workout on a gym, e.g. 15 min of arm workout, 5 min break and 15 min legs

World Time:

- World Map with night shadow

- 140 cities worldwide to choose from

- 4 cities in the World Time view

The program should run on any WM 2003/ 2003 SE/ 5.0 Pocket PC with 240x320 and 320x240 resolution, but we need you to confirm that. We plan to add other resolutions (240x240, 640x480, etc.) shortly.

Here are the links to Gentimer:

http://rivia.net/Products/Gentimer/GentimerPPC_Setup.exe

http://rivia.net/Products/Gentimer/GentimerPPC.cab

We will appreciate any feedback about bugs you find, features you miss, or anything you like/dislike about the program.

So if you have any comments about Gentimer please write to the support [at] rivia.net or here in this topic, and remember to give us your name, device model, OS version.

I've attached some screenshots to give more light on the product.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Happy Testing,

Mateusz Grzegorzek

http://rivia.net

post-183711-1171918476_thumb.png post-183711-1171918487_thumb.png post-183711-1171918499_thumb.png post-183711-1171918506_thumb.png

Edited by Guest

Guest mavisdavis

Looking like a slick application.

I'll let ya know how I get tomorrow night. Gonna see if it can wake me up in the morning, Im like the living dead when my head hits the pillow.

Guest paniceolan

Hello Mateusz!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to review this app...it seems that the alarm doesn't wake up the phone though - I have an orange spv m3100 running wm5

Edited by paniceolan

Hello Mateusz!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to review this app...it seems that the alarm doesn't wake up the phone though - I have an orange spv m3100 running wm5

Hi,

Thanks for the info - I just fixed this problem (at least I think I did). You can download the fixed version at the same links:

Guest removed-2

Background Information

I am testing on a Orange SPV M3100 running WM5

Requests for Changes

When the "Sleepyhead" alarm sounds, can you show a numeric keypad with BIG numeric buttons and the code to be entered. This saves having to get the stylus out and use the small built in keypad. This way we will be able to use finger nail to enter the Stop code.. This could be very similar to the keypad that is used when dialing a number

A Today plugin that shows the next active alarm would be nice. Clicking on it loads gentimer application.

Exit the application button/menu would be nice?

When configuring alarms I click on the alarm until the options menu appears, however a lot of the time I end up disabling my alarm (single click). Could enable/disable by presented by a tick box next to each alarm?

When configuring an alarm allow a preview alarm tone option for the seleted alarm tone.

When configuring the alarms show the current time somewhere on this screen.

Bugs

The startup screen set under settings doesn't always take you to the configured screen, for example I have Alarms set but it goes to the clock

Questions

Should snooze stop working if the application is exited?

Great app though. I always used to use it on my SPV600 and its good to see it on PocketPC..

Thanks

Mark

All good so far Mateusz, Glad to see the alarm sounds even if you've forgotten to enable the system volume as i have done before ;) Just one comment - I used the .EXE instead of the .CAB file and it took a good few minutes to install. (This may be down to the phone though I guess) Using SPV3100 and WM5/original Orange ROM.

Paul.

Guest okctmaxxer

Thanks for letting us try you app. I am using a HTC 8125 running wm 5.0 this morning the alarm sounded on time, but I had loaded a full song to play in mp3 format and it played the first 30to 45 seconds of it then it shut off, when I rolled over to look at the phone I noticed it had a popup stating cannot start \storage card\gentimer\wakeupapp.exe. not sure when it happened but I assumed when the alarm cut off the song and try to restart. so I set the alarm forward and tried again this time it sounded 30-45 seconds in it cut off the song again but didn't give me the popup, then 10-15 seconds later the song started again, etc., etc. Is it possible to get it to play the whole song?

One more thing, I have noticed that it takes up to 6 seconds to load and run with no other apps running. this may be normal ut just thought i'd mention it.

Thanks again!

William Shatswell

Edited by okctmaxxer

Thanks for letting us try you app. I am using a HTC 8125 running wm 5.0 this morning the alarm sounded on time, but I had loaded a full song to play in mp3 format and it played the first 30to 45 seconds of it then it shut off, when I rolled over to look at the phone I noticed it had a popup stating cannot start \storage card\gentimer\wakeupapp.exe. not sure when it happened but I assumed when the alarm cut off the song and try to restart. so I set the alarm forward and tried again this time it sounded 30-45 seconds in it cut off the song again but didn't give me the popup, then 10-15 seconds later the song started again, etc., etc. Is it possible to get it to play the whole song?

One more thing, I have noticed that it takes up to 6 seconds to load and run with no other apps running. this may be normal ut just thought i'd mention it.

Thanks again!

William Shatswell

Thanks for the info.

About the mp3 - it is designed to work that way, so you won't get used to the song in the background ;). But maybe I should extend the time of play to 2 minutes, I will think about it.

About the long load time, I'll try to speed things up in the next release.

Mateusz

Guest okctmaxxer
Thanks for the info.

About the mp3 - it is designed to work that way, so you won't get used to the song in the background ;) . But maybe I should extend the time of play to 2 minutes, I will think about it.

About the long load time, I'll try to speed things up in the next release.

Mateusz

or maybe just give a dropdown menu for how long the alarm sounds to adjust for sound length

Guest lukeap69

Hi

I am using imate jasjar. The snooze function doesn't seem to work on me. I have tried for at least three alarms and set it to 10 minutes. After the alarm goes, I press snooze, then the alarm is already disabled and will not alarm anymore after 10 minutes.

Cheers

Arnold

Edited by lukeap69

Guest removed-2
Hi

I am using imate jasjar. The snooze function doesn't seem to work on me. I have tried for at least three alarms and set it to 10 minutes. After the alarm goes, I press snooze, then the alarm is already disabled and will not alarm anymore after 10 minutes.

Cheers

Arnold

Hi,

I too seem to have developed a problem with Snooze now. Basically when an alarm sounds, I hit snooze (default snooze time set) but the alarm never sounds again. The app is still running.

I have tried re-installing incase anything else has caused an issue with this application but still not working correctly.

Is this a bug?

Thanks

Mark

Guest rivia
Hi,

I too seem to have developed a problem with Snooze now. Basically when an alarm sounds, I hit snooze (default snooze time set) but the alarm never sounds again. The app is still running.

I have tried re-installing incase anything else has caused an issue with this application but still not working correctly.

Is this a bug?

Thanks

Mark

Yes, this is a bug, but I've already fixed it, and with a bit of luck I will release new Beta version with the new skin with digital clock today.

Mateusz

Guest removed-2
Yes, this is a bug, but I've already fixed it, and with a bit of luck I will release new Beta version with the new skin with digital clock today.

Mateusz

Great stuff, will you post here to let us know it is available?

Regards

Mark

Guest rivia

Ok, the new version is ready.

We've fixed some graphics issues, and mainly the device wakeup issues (belive me porting such application from smartphone to Pocket PC isn't easy :D ).

And in this version there is a new skin which you can choose via the Options dialog (the small wrench on the bottom-right corner of the screen).

Of course there are still some bugs unclosed, but this version is pretty stable, so if you find any bug, you know where to write.

Here are the links to new version of Gentimer:

And here are the screenshots of new skin, I hope you like them as much as I do ;).

post-183711-1172950414_thumb.png post-183711-1172950432_thumb.png post-183711-1172950455_thumb.png

post-183711-1172950465_thumb.png post-183711-1172950479_thumb.png

Happy Testing.

Mateusz

Edited by rivia

Guest okctmaxxer

Ok, I installed the updated Gentimer yesterday evening over the old one and ran the app. Looked nice, as usual, then closed it down and cleared it from ram, or so I thought, now when the phone is supposed to shut off the screen to save power it stays on and then when it is supposed to shut down to save power it comes up a white screen and stays white, the screen is unresponsive to touch but buttons wake it up and screen comes back, to get it back to normal I have to soft reset.

Also, this morning I woke up to a message something like "Could not start wakeupapp.exe", the ringer didn't sound at all. thank god for backups ;) Me thinks this could be your first bug.

App looks great though except for one thing, there is no option for changing it from military time to normal.

By the way, to refresh I'm running WM6 PDAViet 3 on a HTC Wizard 8125 and the program is still stored on the SD card.

Edited by okctmaxxer

Guest rivia
Ok, I installed the updated Gentimer yesterday evening over the old one and ran the app. Looked nice, as usual, then closed it down and cleared it from ram, or so I thought, now when the phone is supposed to shut off the screen to save power it stays on and then when it is supposed to shut down to save power it comes up a white screen and stays white, the screen is unresponsive to touch but buttons wake it up and screen comes back, to get it back to normal I have to soft reset.

Also, this morning I woke up to a message something like "Could not start wakeupapp.exe", the ringer didn't sound at all. thank god for backups ;) Me thinks this could be your first bug.

App looks great though except for one thing, there is no option for changing it from military time to normal.

By the way, to refresh I'm running WM6 PDAViet 3 on a HTC Wizard 8125 and the program is still stored on the SD card.

Thank you for the info, good to know that there are problems with WM6, but you know, this version of Gentimer will not be marked as compatible with WM6 (I don't even have SDK installed yet :D ). Another thing is that you're using some unoffitial ROM image, hence there may be problems with that.

I will invastigate them after the release of WM5 version.

Mateusz

Guest rivia
Hi

I have downloaded the CAB and successfully installed. However, the app would not open. I am using jasjar.

Arnold

Are you getting any errors when starting the application? Or does it just never comes up?

What about task manager? Can you see Gentimer there?

Mateusz

Guest lukeap69
Are you getting any errors when starting the application? Or does it just never comes up?

What about task manager? Can you see Gentimer there?

Mateusz

Hi Mateusz

The wait icon appears then it stays like that. i'll try again and see if it is shown in the task manager.

Cheers

Arnold

Guest okctmaxxer
Thank you for the info, good to know that there are problems with WM6, but you know, this version of Gentimer will not be marked as compatible with WM6 (I don't even have SDK installed yet ;) ). Another thing is that you're using some unoffitial ROM image, hence there may be problems with that.

I will invastigate them after the release of WM5 version.

Mateusz

I was running the last version of Gentimer on WM6 and it worked fine, but just to make sure I am going to reinstall the last version and see how it works fir the next 2 days and I will post again whether or not I have the same problems.

Guest rivia

Hello Everyone!

I would like to inform you that I've just finished working on the Release Canditate version. The main features I've added (apart from fixing some bugs) are:

- the ability to snooze the alarm by Taping and Holding the sreen.

- the ability to stop snoozed alarm from alarm list view - you'll see white S on the alarm icon, to disable the snooze, simply click on the icon

- Increasing sound volume option

- faster startup (Gentimer should load faster by about 2 sec.)

I've tried to remove all the functional bugs in this version (and I hope I succeeded in that), so if you find anything that works strange or doesn't work at all please let me know. I know that still there are some UI bugs (like the edit city buttons in World Time view), but I'm just waiting for graphics, and they will be fixed.

So if everything goes well, we should be able to release Gentimer for lo resolution devices (240x320, 320x240 and 240x240) tommorow. I will notify each one of you how to get the registration code for the release version.

Here are the links to Gentimer:

Looking forward to your comments.

Mateusz

Guest rivia
I was running the last version of Gentimer on WM6 and it worked fine, but just to make sure I am going to reinstall the last version and see how it works fir the next 2 days and I will post again whether or not I have the same problems.

Hmm, I think I know what may have caused this issues, and I fixed it in the new release, so please install it, and try if it works.

Mateusz

Guest okctmaxxer
Hmm, I think I know what may have caused this issues, and I fixed it in the new release, so please install it, and try if it works.

Mateusz

Ok I reinstalled the last version of gentimer and have used it the last 2 mornings and it worked fine as it did before. Now I have just installed the new version and at first walkthru looks the same, great job as usual, the bugs I metioned before are now gone. Is there any way to add a selector for 12 hour format for the time?

Guest rivia

Hello,

Rivia Gentimer 2.0 is out! ;) Here is the news item (I hope it will be soon on the first page): http://www.modaco.com/Rivia-Gentimer-20-Re...ed-t252868.html

Thank you very much for your help in making this product as it is, without you it we would have much more work.

In order to receive the registration code I've promised, send an e-mail to support [at] rivia.net and send your device's owner name and I'll send back the code.

Still, if you find any issues, or anything - you know where to find me :D.

Best Wishes,

Mateusz Grzegorzek