Java midlet manager

Guest patp

I currently have the IBM J9 mdlet manager. It works fine for what I need - Gmail and Opera Mini - there are a couple of things I'd like different:

1) I'd like to be able to launch a midlet without launching the manager first

2) I'd like to persist the permission to access the network.

These two make launching my midlets mildly less ergonomic than I'd like. Anyone suggest a solution?

TIA

P

I don't use this Midlet manager, but a quick search seems to show that it uses similar command line options to a PC java VM.

So you should be able to create a shortcut to j9 and then set the command line options from there. I'm not sure what the names of the Gmail / Opera jars and classes are that you need to pass, but I'm sure Google (or someone who has used these apps) will have them ;)

• 11 months later...
I currently have the IBM J9 mdlet manager. It works fine for what I need - Gmail and Opera Mini - there are a couple of things I'd like different:

1) I'd like to be able to launch a midlet without launching the manager first

2) I'd like to persist the permission to access the network.

These two make launching my midlets mildly less ergonomic than I'd like. Anyone suggest a solution?

TIA

P

Hi,

currently, i have a hp IPAQ model:hw6515e. However, I need to install java midlet manager in order to run java application. Therefore, is it possible t do me a favour by sending the midlet manager to my email:[email protected]. MANY THANKS!!! :) :D :D

Regards

abpluv21